News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

my forums are down, and i can't log in!

Started by mobile_bob, July 03, 2019, 11:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

when i try to link to my forums, i get an error message  "8192"
the site is "microcogen.info"   i know it has been down for at least the last 24 hours, maybe longer
i have been away and haven't checked it for a while
the forums are hosted by "hostmonster" i called their tech support and they tell me it is something related to the simplemachines software

any help?  or direction where to get help would be appreciated

would sure not like to lose 10+ years of content!

i do have a back up, but it is probably nearly a year old, however this would not be a tragedy as the forums have been slow
and most of the important content was from years ago, so i have that much at least

thank you
bob gayle aka mobile_bob   hxxp:microcogen.info [nonactive]

vbgamer45

You have to change php version back to PHP 5.4 to PHP 5.6 or upgrade to SMF 2.0.x
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mobile_bob

how do i go about doing that?
thanks
bob gayle

d3vcho

You should get in touch with your host. Additionally, if you have cPanel you can change it from there.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

vbgamer45

If you need paid help I can also work on it as well just send me a pm.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mobile_bob

contacted hxxp:hostmonster.com [nonactive] again and they don't have any connection with simplemachines nor do they have anything on their cpanel that would aid me in upgrading the forum.

that is i was looking at hostmonsters cpanel

is there another control panel on simplemachines that i can do the upgrade with?

thanks
bob g

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No they do not have anything to do with us, and probably don't have anything to update SMF.

But what you need from them, is to temporarily go back in PHP versions, so that you can update yourself. The error is not caused by SMF as such, but by the fact the software hasn't been updated, and the PHP version on the server has.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: