News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Cannot change smiley set

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, July 06, 2019, 02:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Here's an odd one.  2.0.15 install recently upgraded from 1.1.21, mostly clean, running Curve, ad mod and responsive curve mod, php 7.1.  Regardless of which smiley set is selected, they're loaded from /Smileys/default/.  Paths are correct, smiley_sets_default in smf_settings is correct, but it keeps loading default smileys.  Forum caching is disabled, if directory is deleted they disappear.  No problem linking directly to gifs.  Beats me. :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Justyne

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Justyne

On second thought... I think you can set smileys per user as well. Have you checked what's set in your user profile?

Illori

or smileys set per theme as well. under current theme.

Sir Osis of Liver

No, it's none of that.  Works fine in test install and on my prod forums, craps out just on this one forum.  smiley_sets_default updates when I change it in ACP, but has no effect.  If it's server caching, don't think they'd disappear when I delete them.

(Good to see you again, Justyne. :))

- R. Waters

Justyne

That sounds odd. You are absolutely sure it's not the user level smiley set setting?

Sir Osis of Liver

No, I disabled it.  Doesn't matter which smiley set is selected as default, or what the value is in smiley_sets_default, it's loading /Smileys/default/.

- R. Waters

Illori

does that mean you checked which smiley set is default for that theme as i had suggested above?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Illori on July 06, 2019, 05:06:43 AM
or smileys set per theme as well. under current theme.

Missed that, thought you were referring to admin default setting.  Yes, that was the problem.  Reset it to 'use global default smiley set' and it's working.   Thanks.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: