News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Changing the "Help" page

Started by Sunset_1, July 08, 2019, 09:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunset_1

Hey
For some time now I've been wondering whether there is a possibility to change the contents of the "Help" window. I would like very much to insert my customized message there, but am not sure as to how. I hope that somebody can... help me.  ;D

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yes, basically everything you see in SMF can be changed.
The default theme holds the templates.

Where in the help section would you want to add your contents?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

Well, yes and no....

the page displayed at index.php?action=help can be changed in your default theme folder by editing Help.template.php
/Themes/default/Help.template.php

However, the content of the pages linked from that page are our wiki/usermanual -- so those can not be changed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sunset_1

Thanks for very quick help.
Perhaps I should have been more specific, but you guided me into the right direction anyway.
I was looking for the file Manual.language-utf8.php. I thought that it was in the installed theme files.

Advertisement: