After 1.1 RC1 upgrade - Karma & Quote issue

Started by Wrightwood, November 16, 2005, 12:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrightwood

The 1st problem after the upgrade: whenever you try to hit the Quote button on a post you get the following error: (quotes work OK in PM's)

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'quotefast' template

The 2nd problem is when you try adding or subtracting Karma the following error appears:
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

Looking over all the topic I could find it sounds like the problem may be from an incompatible theme. I'm running a converted Theme from YaBB SE and don't know what to look for.

Wrightwood

Also getting the Session verification failed error when trying  to "Mark Topics or Forum as Read"

Oldiesmann

For the first error, try re-uploading Themes/default/Post.template.php. For the second one, make sure that your theme has been updated to work with RC1.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Wrightwood

Where can I find information on updating the theme to work with RC1 ?

Oldiesmann

If you upgraded from 1.1 Beta 3 Public, there's a sticky in the Graphics & Template board that should help you out. If you upgraded from 1.0.5, the easiest way is to compare your template files with those from the default theme. That should help you make the appropriate changes.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Wrightwood

Thanks Oldiesmann

By re-uploading the Themes/default/Post.template.php file to the Themes/converted directory it solved the quote issue.

I'll compare the templates on the other issues.

Oldiesmann

If you're not going to make any changes to Post.template.php then you don't even need it in the Themes/converted directory as SMF will use the one from the default theme (if a particular template isn't in a theme's directory, SMF "falls back" on the one from the default theme).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: