Browse Ban Triggers - very few reports per page.

Started by Kiriakos GR, July 15, 2019, 04:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiriakos GR

At Browse Ban Triggers  I can view only  10 results as listing of report per page.

My entire Ban list has just 30 recordings.

For practical reasons it would be productive the user to be able to select number of results per page.
Is there such a setting?     

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I can see about 20 on mine, so there is probably a setting that affects this - but off the top of my head, I can't remember what it would be.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kiriakos GR

Just as confirmation, I will say that at ->  Ban List -> Browse Ban Triggers ... I can see only 10.
At Ban log ... I can see 30. 

I am unable to predict where such relevant setting this is hidden at.
I am using SMF Default Theme - Curve  SMF 2.0.15

Arantor

Relevant setting: Admin > Forum > Posts and Topics > Topic Settings > Number of posts per page in a topic

And to spare the inevitable wailing about how this needs to be fixed, because that's what it will become otherwise, to change the number on the ban triggers page, you edit Sources/ManageBans.php:

$listOptions = array(
'id' => 'ban_trigger_list',
'title' => $txt['ban_trigger_browse'],
'items_per_page' => $modSettings['defaultMaxMessages'],

Change to
$listOptions = array(
'id' => 'ban_trigger_list',
'title' => $txt['ban_trigger_browse'],
'items_per_page' => 50,

That is assuming you actually mean the 'browse ban triggers' page and not the ban list, in which case you would need to change this code instead:
$listOptions = array(
'id' => 'ban_list',
'items_per_page' => 20,

Where the number is already set to 20 in the code and is not configurable.

And before we get into any more 'this should be configurable' BS, it really shouldn't because that's what mods are for and SMF has too many configuration options already.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: