News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to show last updated topics

Started by webald, July 19, 2019, 03:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webald

Hi,

I have several categories with several boards each. Now I want to have a new category with a new board "Newest Posts" in which I want to show last 10 or 20 updated topics overall boards.

Anyone that can tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Can't think of a way to do that without custom coding something, and it could potentially be pretty heavy for the server.
There is a built in function to show the latest posts though, https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=recent
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

shawnb61

To clarify - any time someone posts, a copy is posted in this new board? 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

As I understood this, the request is for a "board" that shows X number of latest active topics from all the other boards, sorted by last reply.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

why not just use the recent topics mod.... or ssi_RecentTopics();

then STYLE the block to look like a category heading...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: