News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Registration Failed..!

Started by danster, July 19, 2019, 03:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danster

Hello..!

I'm using smf ver 2.0.15 and I have a problem with the registration for members.. new members complaining cos they cannot register on my forum because of the error

This is the error message

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Please can you help me to correct that issue.. please tell me hot to correct it..

Thank you

I attache a screen shot

danster

when I try to manual register the member this error message will popup

Database Error
Field 'inactive_mail' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/slwalzon/public_html/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 777

Kindred

that would be from a mod...

either remove the mod that is causing the issue or give the column a default value in the database (usually default NULL works)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

danster

Quote from: Kindred on July 19, 2019, 05:04:11 PM
that would be from a mod...

either remove the mod that is causing the issue or give the column a default value in the database (usually default NULL works)
This issue is happen suddenly I didit install or unstall any mods in last few weeks so i cannot be  from a mod I think anyway please tell me how to reset it default value in  data base

Kindred

it *IS* from a mod since "inactive_mail" is not a standard SMF field.

it probably happened because your HOST changed something

Go to your database using phpmyadmin
select the table
select the column
choose edit
set a default of NULL for the column
Save
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

danster

Quote from: Kindred on July 19, 2019, 07:13:28 PM
it *IS* from a mod since "inactive_mail" is not a standard SMF field.

it probably happened because your HOST changed something

Go to your database using phpmyadmin
select the table
select the column
choose edit
set a default of NULL for the column
Save

I try to do that and go to phpmyadmin and select the table and select the column

and I see like this pls check this and tell me what I have to do

I attached a screen shot

Kindred

that is the table ezp_columns....   that's not the correct table.

sicne it's from a mod, it could be anywhere... but also, since the failure is in Subs-Members.php, I'd suggest looking in the smf_members table (or maybe ezp_members in your case)
Слaва
Украинi

danster

Quote from: Kindred on July 20, 2019, 02:11:39 PM
that is the table ezp_columns....   that's not the correct table.

sicne it's from a mod, it could be anywhere... but also, since the failure is in Subs-Members.php, I'd suggest looking in the smf_members table (or maybe ezp_members in your case)

I found this in phpmyadmin are see attached

SpacePhoenix

Could the OP's host have upgraded the MySQL version and turned on MySQL's "strict mode"?

Arantor

Quote from: SpacePhoenix on July 20, 2019, 03:17:30 PM
Could the OP's host have upgraded the MySQL version and turned on MySQL's "strict mode"?

Yes.

Quote from: danster on July 20, 2019, 02:32:06 PM

This is the right table. Hit 'Structure' at the top to see the list of columns, then you can edit the specific column that's giving you trouble.

danster

Quote from: Arantor on July 20, 2019, 03:19:41 PM
Quote from: SpacePhoenix on July 20, 2019, 03:17:30 PM

Yes.

Quote from: danster on July 20, 2019, 02:32:06 PM

This is the right table. Hit 'Structure' at the top to see the list of columns, then you can edit the specific column that's giving you trouble.

Thank you very much for assisting to resolve my issue.. I found it and it working fine now

Advertisement: