News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

RC database

Started by Biology Forums, July 19, 2019, 03:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Does the database structure change with RC updates?

Suki

It shouldn't be but of course don't take my word for granted.  If there's changes these are minor, nothing major.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

albertlast

When something happen,
the install and upgrade file are touched,
this changes you can see when you look into github: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/compare/v2.1-rc.2...release-2.1
and look into the mention files.

besthomefurniturebrands

@albertlast, Sir you mean RC updates affects the database structure with major changes?

albertlast

what is a mayor change?

Arantor

Quote from: besthomefurniturebrands on July 22, 2019, 02:53:40 AM
@albertlast, Sir you mean RC updates affects the database structure with major changes?

It does depend on what you call a major change - but it certainly looks like there are upgrade steps being run between RC1 and RC2 looking at the history of the upgrader. It is far from unprecedented (2.0 did it, fairly sure 1.1 did it as well)

Sesquipedalian

We avoid structural changes to the database, such as altering tables or table columns, during the RC stage unless absolutely necessary. However, non-structural changes, such as adding, renaming, or removing entries from the settings table are fair game during the RC stage.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Advertisement: