News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I cant gain access to forum!

Started by Hardcase, July 20, 2019, 06:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardcase

I have updated to smf 2.15 and with that it asked for the php needed to be 5.4 (or 5.5) to install.

That part went ok and I still had functionality, however some of my members have now reported either been banned or errors, so I tried to login again and now its giving me an error and I cannot gain access:

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry, this account has not yet been approved. If you need to change your email address please click here.

However I have to be approved as i'm the admin!

Even my secondary account for testing, not admin is also giving me the same error?

Where do I go from here?

Bigguy

I would think into the database to approve yourself so you can gain access to the forum but let's wait before you try that. Someone else might have a better idea.

GigaWatt

Hmmm... have you tried upping the PHP version to 7.0?

Not that I think it's related to the problem, it probably isn't, but just in case :-\...

Something probably got messed up in the database during the upgrade. You might have to do some manual changes in phpMyAdmin, but first, let's just try upping the version to at least 7.0 (7.1 is preferable), see if that solves it ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

lurkalot

Quote from: Hardcase on July 20, 2019, 06:44:02 PM

I have updated to smf 2.15

You updated to 2.0.15 from what version, what were you running previously?

And what mods do you have installed?

Hardcase

i updated from 2:14 to 2:15, so minor upgrade as i try to keep everything upto date has on a previous site many years ago i had the site taken over by a hacking group, so now i keep it in date as soon as possible.

The mods i have installed other than a theme is, Tiny portal (i can not remember if i have any others running, but not as i remember).

I have changed the PHP handler to 7.0 and still getting the same error. So changed to 7.1 and still the same error.

Any help greatly appreciated, including approving myself via the db as i'm unsure how to do this, or change passwords etc as i have tried this and nothing seems to of changed.

Having updated to 7.1 i now have also the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot create references to/from string offsets in /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/TPortal.php:2564 Stack trace: #0 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(2211) : eval()'d code(32): TPortal_panel('left') #1 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1923): template_tp_above() #2 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php(3394): loadSubTemplate('tp_above', true) #3 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php(2839): template_header() #4 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php(329): obExit(NULL, true, false, true) #5 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php(166): setup_fatal_error_context('Cannot create r...') #6 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/index.php(121): fatal_error('Cannot create r...', false) #7 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Error)) #8 {main} thrown in /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/TPortal.php on line 2564

So i have switched it back to 5.4 stable.

lurkalot

Quote from: Hardcase on July 21, 2019, 11:15:33 AM
i updated from 2:14 to 2:15, so minor upgrade as i try to keep everything upto date has on a previous site many years ago i had the site taken over by a hacking group, so now i keep it in date as soon as possible.

The mods i have installed other than a theme is, Tiny portal (i can not remember if i have any others running, but not as i remember).

I have changed the PHP handler to 7.0 and still getting the same error. So changed to 7.1 and still the same error.

Any help greatly appreciated, including approving myself via the db as i'm unsure how to do this, or change passwords etc as i have tried this and nothing seems to of changed.

Having updated to 7.1 i now have also the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot create references to/from string offsets in /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/TPortal.php:2564 Stack trace: #0 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(2211) : eval()'d code(32): TPortal_panel('left') #1 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1923): template_tp_above() #2 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php(3394): loadSubTemplate('tp_above', true) #3 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php(2839): template_header() #4 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php(329): obExit(NULL, true, false, true) #5 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php(166): setup_fatal_error_context('Cannot create r...') #6 /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/index.php(121): fatal_error('Cannot create r...', false) #7 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(Error)) #8 {main} thrown in /home/hmsresol/public_html/forum/Sources/TPortal.php on line 2564

So i have switched it back to 5.4 stable.

What version of TinyPortal do you have installed?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Bigguy on July 21, 2019, 10:17:33 AM
I would think into the database to approve yourself so you can gain access to the forum but let's wait before you try that. Someone else might have a better idea.
This would be my first suggestion really, approving a user account through the db is easy breazy really.
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Administration_-_I_accidentally_lost_my_admin_account!_What_can_I_do

Check that, and if the account actually is approved but won't work - then approach your host and ask if they are running some stupid caching on their server.
For example Varnish is known to mess things up sometimes.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Hardcase

Thanks for that Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I got back in and sorted the bans out, would appear the latest update or the change in php (more likely) had banned users with certain letters and also messed up some of the email addresses, removed usergroups as well, but looks ok for now, just wait for all the "i couldnt get into the site and i'm banned' emails.  :(

GigaWatt

You can view bans by date, so just sort the ban list by date and delete every ban that has been added the day you ran the update, problem solved :).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: