News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RSS Issue

Started by moner, July 17, 2019, 04:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moner

Hi

why if we click on Rss we see download file ?
please check image in attachment

Illori

are you having this issue here or somewhere else? it is working fine for me on this forum. also what browser are you using?

GigaWatt

Looks like Firefox.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Kindred

Works fine for me here, using firefox.

As Illori asked, is this happening here, on this site (since that is where your screenshot seems to come from)?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Diego Andrés

I can replicate using firefox on this site

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Kindred

were you also hitting server 113?

if this is an issue with THIS site, then it does not belong in 2.0.x support

nope... I can not recreate the issue on any of the servers. 111, 113, 114 all work fine for me. RSS loads into the RSS reader page
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Diego Andrés

Tried on a random forum from showcase section and same result.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Kindred

might be a browser issue.... because I can not get it to happen on *ANY* SMF site.

Using Firefox
60.8.0esr (64-bit)
Слaва
Украинi

lurkalot

Quote from: moner on July 17, 2019, 04:26:14 AM
Hi

why if we click on Rss we see download file ?
please check image in attachment

I get the same as you in Firefox.  Seems to work ok in other browsers.

Didn't they kill off support for RSS feeds in Firefox last year, or did I read this incorrectly.

Illori

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/feed-reader-replacements-firefox

yep looks like firefox no longer supports RSS reader as a built in feature.

Advertisement: