News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Lost PM

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, July 22, 2019, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Replied to a pm last night, recipient received it, but I don't see it in pm thread, and it's not in Sent Items (just shows me same thread).  Sent another reply just now and it displays normally.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Sounds like you accidentally unticked the 'save in outbox' option which would 1) prevent it showing up in Sent Items and 2) prevent it showing up in the conversation itself.

Sir Osis of Liver

Didn't change anything, settings are correct and the same as they have been for years.  When I click 'Sent Items' it just reloads the main page.  Subsequent pm I sent earlier today is displayed normally.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That is a setting you can change per message. There's the tick box under the text area when you are sending a new PM. That would be my first guess too, that it got unselected by mistake.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

I never make mistakes. ::)  Anything's possible when you're old and decrepit, but it would be difficult to uncheck it by accident.  Couple more pms have worked fine tonight, so no big deal.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I know how that is - I never make mistakes either, apart from accidentally locking topics at times. ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

LiroyvH

When I click 'Sent Items' it just reloads the main page.

Huh? Always? You cannot access your sent PM's? Or do I misunderstand what you mean?
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just cleaned up over 2 years of pms, it does display sent items, but the missing pm is not there.  It was received, but not saved on my end.  Hasn't happened again.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Further evidence that for the one message you unticked 'save this in outbox'.

Advertisement: