News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Is there any working themes for 2.1 RC 2?

Started by TigerAnt, July 23, 2019, 09:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerAnt

Can you guys tell me if there are any working themes for 2.1 RC 2?
I help those who cannot get help elsewhere with free help!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SychO

Not really, there are 2 themes that work with 2.1 RC1 but might not work with RC2, and there is one which works with RC2
https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=search;version[]=92

There might be some outside of simplemachines.org though, just search on google.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

TigerAnt

I can only find one:
Author: Antes
Last Update: June 30, 2019, 10:45:09 AM
Downloads: 982
SMF versions: 2.1 RC1, 2.1 RC2

He said that he had a fix for some issues that it has, but they will not be available for at least 30 days. I can understand he is sick and also studying for finals. God Bless Him!

SychO

Yea, most likely there won't be a lot of themes until 2.1 goes gold, I for one won't be making any until that point.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Bloc

What is the reason themes for SMF 2.1 beta/RC1 will need updates for RC2? Are there changes in templates?

SychO

Quote from: Bloc on July 23, 2019, 11:45:00 AM
What is the reason themes for SMF 2.1 beta/RC1 will need updates for RC2? Are there changes in templates?

Yes, there will be changes in the theme between RCs
Checkout My Themes:
-

TigerAnt

Quote from: SychO on July 23, 2019, 10:16:17 AM
Yea, most likely there won't be a lot of themes until 2.1 goes gold, I for one won't be making any until that point.
What do you mean going gold? And I'm looking for a custom "Music" theme.  https://djradiosoundstation.com .

SychO

Quote from: TigerAnt on July 23, 2019, 12:46:01 PM
What do you mean going gold? And I'm looking for a custom "Music" theme.  https://djradiosoundstation.com .

I mean final stable release.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Arantor

As in, things tagged 'RC' are 'release candidates', they are not the final release and anything may change.

As people who were here during the 2.0 RC release phase, updating themes between 2.0 RC1, RC2, RC3, RC4, RC5 and 2.0.0 was really annoying.

TigerAnt

So should I just stay with 2015 where there are a lot of working themes?   ::)

My forum will end up being a paid-for services forum for Musicians.

Arantor

Probably. 2.1 isn't finished yet and unless you have the time/inclination/skill to keep it updated and patched and even patch themes yourself on occasion, you probably don't want to be using 2.1 yet.

Sir Osis of Liver

Stay with 2.0.15.  Last I looked, there were four 2.1 themes, had to tweak the .xml to get them to install in 2.1 RC2, two were broken.  Don't think anyone's doing a lot of themes or mods for 2.1 til it goes final.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

TigerAnt

Bloc

Took a quick glance at RC1 and RC2, quite a few changes even to the most changed templates(index,boardindex,messageindex and display) ..but as far as I can see its mostly changed css classes, some added/changed logic for mobile display and coding style changes. Plus, the index.css - the most changed styleshet - has quite a few changes for changing different parts of the theme.

In other words: unless you know what you are doing, its probably best to wait a bit longer. :)

Antechinus

I heard a rumour that the plan is to introduce a completely new theme with the next RC. ;)

TigerAnt

I really do not know who else can create a forum like Simple Machine as a former Jamstudio forum Admin for 5 years we have over 10,000 members on the forum. And it was a Simple Machine Forum.

Bloc

Quote from: Antechinus on July 23, 2019, 06:34:06 PM
I heard a rumour that the plan is to introduce a completely new theme with the next RC. ;)
Awesome! :D Thats a NNNDT then I guess. 

Gary

"New New New Default Theme" I'd imagine. "NDT" was at one point what was used to refer to Core.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Advertisement: