News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problems with Quote button

Started by aragornRSB, July 25, 2019, 10:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aragornRSB

Hi,

I upgraded my SMF 2.0.15 to 2.1 RC2. I managed almost everything that bothered me, but I still have a problem wit Quote button. When users want to quote somebody, instead of qouted text, cursor is moved to quick reply and there is no quoted text. Also, on the top of the screen there is loading bar and it looks like it went to some endless loop.

Interesting thing is that qoute works fine if I go to recent posts, and then select qoute button. But in regular posts it wont work.

Any ideas how to fix this?

After I click Quote button that is on screen...

This is error in error log...

This is code...

Arantor

Mods installed? Errors in browser console?

Arantor

Hmm... ok. So when you press quote, in the network tab of your browser's inspector, you should see an XHR request for the quote. What does that return exactly?

aragornRSB

Quote<script async defer src="https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v3.2 [nofollow]"></script><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<smf>
   <quote>
Quote from: laflarre7 on July 22, 2019, 01:17:05 PM
Прошле сезоне смо играли драфт, кад би да организујемо лигу, то јест сатницу за драфтовање ? Сад сам поред компа па рекох да то направим зачас.
</quote>
</smf>

There is quoted text, but post box (quick reply) stays empty.

Same thing is with quick edit - also gives empty box...

Arantor

A mod is breaking it, looks like a Facebook Connect mod of some kind?

aragornRSB

Thats it!

I uninstall Embed Facebook BBCode mod and now quoted text is there. Same with quick reply.

Thank you very much :)

Advertisement: