News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Possible Bug in [list] and [li] Bullet Points

Started by aegersz, July 25, 2019, 04:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

The following are 3 bullet points that have grown to 6. Is it me ?

see the extra dots ? Surely that's a bug ? Could be me though ...

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GigaWatt

You have the extra [li][/li] that's added by default when you click the list button.

[list]
[li]1[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

vs what Lex posted

[list]
[li]1[/li]
[/list]

You have to delete the extra [li][/li] ;).

And you have to add the type=decimal in the list BBC for the list to be decimal, like so ;).

• Something
  • Something else
  • One other thing
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

aegersz

Thanks guys,

I do the deletes but still feel the default to be illogical.

... but i could always change it.

*sigh* the sacrifices i have to make  ;)
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It's there because a list should be more than one item, and at the same time to show how the list works. You can remove the second item, or add more, that is up to the user.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GigaWatt

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on July 26, 2019, 12:49:07 AM
It's there because a list should be more than one item, and at the same time to show how the list works.

Exactly what I was thinking, especially the last part ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

aegersz

Quote from: GigaWatt on July 26, 2019, 09:07:20 AM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on July 26, 2019, 12:49:07 AM
It's there because a list should be more than one item, and at the same time to show how the list works.

Exactly what I was thinking, especially the last part ;).

... and that's now all 3 of us thinking the same thing ! After all, a list usually comprises of more than one item.

But i still feel that it's illogical despite it's practicality ... pragmatism wins the day.

Advertisement: