News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can not post new topics or reply to posts

Started by cicstim, July 29, 2019, 01:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicstim

When posting this error comes up...

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/91/8230291/html/1858remington/discuss/Sources/Post.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/91/8230291/html/1858remington/discuss/index.php on line 398

Does anyone know what I need to edit to resolve this problem?

Thank you

Illori

does that file exist in the Sources folder?

this sounds a lot like your other issue.

cicstim

Quote from: Illori on July 29, 2019, 01:57:45 PM
does that file exist in the Sources folder?

this sounds a lot like your other issue.
It does. GoDaddy tech support checked the permissions and all was okay. Still we could not ftp the missing files: Posts.php and Posts~.php. The tech guy had to create a new file and copy paste the data into the file for both files.
He reset the environment, hopefully that will resolve.

cicstim

It seems I let a hacker into my hosting panel while seeking help with a database back up issue.

When trying to reject spammer new members, this error comes up...

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/91/8230291/html/1858remington/discuss/Sources/Subs-Post.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/91/8230291/html/1858remington/discuss/Sources/ManageMembers.php on line 1107

When trying to add a new topic or reply to an existing thread.....

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/91/8230291/html/1858remington/discuss/Sources/Subs-Editor.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/91/8230291/html/1858remington/discuss/Sources/Display.php on line 359

Kindred

ok.

1- change your passwords to your account and your database
2- update the database password in Settings.php
3- either upload backup of FILES from several weeks ago (if you have one) or upload a fresh set of files : https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cicstim

Quote from: Kindred on July 29, 2019, 03:54:44 PM
ok.

1- change your passwords to your account and your database
2- update the database password in Settings.php
3- either upload backup of FILES from several weeks ago (if you have one) or upload a fresh set of files : https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Done, but some source folder files will not upload by ftp or in hosting panel.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Write down all of those filenames that will not upload, and ask your host to delete them. Then try again.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

cicstim

Issue resolved. I renamed the source folder, then zipped the back up of the source file, transfered via FTP and extracted it in the website folder and everything is functioning perfectly.

Thank you to all who responded to my call for help!!

Kindred

... and when your current subscription is up, get a better host than GoDaddy....   they are one of the worst when it comes to autodeleting critical files and are horrible at support.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cicstim

Quote from: Kindred on July 29, 2019, 04:39:35 PM
... and when your current subscription is up, get a better host than GoDaddy....   they are one of the worst when it comes to autodeleting critical files and are horrible at support.
GoDaddy is not so great. I was in the process of migrating to Hostinger. Horrible tech support and by email chat only. No phone support.  So I am looking around again.

Illori

take a look at our hosting board. those hosts will be much better then the 2 you have tried.

Advertisement: