News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

upgrade problem

Started by wandawill, July 30, 2019, 11:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wandawill

everything was going fine until I got this error. I don't know what it means or where to look. thanks for any help.

Kindred

upgrading from what version, to what version?

mySQL version?
php version?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

wandawill

1.15 to 2.0.15
5.6.44 - MySQL

Current PHP version:  native (5.6)

Kindred

Although the system SHOULD be able to handle it (I assume that you mean 1.1.15?)
Try upgrading 1.1.15 to 1.1.21 first, then go to 2.0.13 and then to 2.0.15

I don't know why... but sometimes that seems to work better than an all-in one upgrade -- and I apologize that the upgrader doesn't do it correctly. There seem to be some rare hosts that have issues - we just haven't had a sufficient number to be able to debug the actual issue.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

wandawill

thanks, but that was even worse. looks like it's time to shut it down. my old forum was 1.1.21, my head was in the clouds.

wandawill

I contacted my host and they did something and the install upgrade seemed to work but the only page that comes up is the maintenance mode page. file missing?

Arantor

Probably means the upgrade didn't entirely finish - check your Settings.php for the $maintenance variable, it should be set to 2 currently, change it to 0 and see what happens.

Bigguy

Aah, Arantor got it before me.  ;)

wandawill

Quote from: Bigguy on July 30, 2019, 02:31:27 PM
you're the man! thanks a lot.

wandawill

the forum is back and all the boards, but read messages is all I can do. no buttons for anything.

Bigguy

Quote from: wandawill on July 30, 2019, 02:36:30 PM
Quote from: Bigguy on July 30, 2019, 02:31:27 PM
you're the man! thanks a lot.

No, Arantor is the man. He provided you with the answer.

Illori

Quote from: wandawill on July 30, 2019, 02:49:18 PM
the forum is back and all the boards, but read messages is all I can do. no buttons for anything.

try adding index.php?theme=1 to your URL it should set you back to the default theme, then go in the admin panel and reset everyone to the default theme

then delete all other themes as they will not work with 2.0.*.

wandawill

still don't have any buttons no even admin.

Arantor

wandawill

it's an adult forum so I backed out the address but this is the error I get.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function tportal_version() in /home/mysite/public_html/forums/Themes/default/index.template.php on line 600

Sir Osis of Liver

That's a mod error (TinyPortal).  If you upgraded from 1.1.21 to 2.0.15, you should have been running a clean install.  Did you try reinstalling TP using current version?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

wandawill

no, I would like to get rid of it.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you upgraded with the 2.0 upgrade package, TP shouldn't be there unless you reinstalled it or copied files from your 1.1.21 install (a really bad idea).  1.1 mods and themes won't work in 2.0.  You can try running fix_packages.php, but don't think that will help.  Difficult to know what you're dealing with without seeing it.

- R. Waters

wandawill

for some reason the new package folder won't overwrite the old one. there's a ton of mods in there. should I delete the old and upload the new folder?

Sir Osis of Liver

Download a complete backup before you do anything else, files and database.  Did upgrade.php run successfully?  If the database has been upgraded to 2.0, you can connect it to a clean set of files, you just need Settings.php and Settings_bak.php from existing install (assuming it's running).  Would guess you have a lot of attachments, make sure you d/l /attachments using binary transfer.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: