News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

URLs for themes

Started by SulevFan, July 30, 2019, 11:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SulevFan

You know that thing about "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" ? That describes me ;)

Anyway, we're looking to remove all HTTP URLs and URIs in favor of HTTPS. 

Ran into a little snag here:

I can't change the "URL to above directory" to HTTPS - if I do, image loading is broken when loaded via HTTP.

everything seems to work if I leave those links as HTTP and HTTPS seems to work, but we get a warning that some image links are insecure - or something analogous to that.

Illori

take a look at What is repair_settings.php?

it should correct the URLs for you.

if you are still getting the error provide your URL so the page can be examined further.

SulevFan

Thank you for the link. WE'll look into using it. We have a LOT of things hanging off the forum and interfacing with the forum, so it's going to take a while to check into it and to screw my courage to the sticking point. :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

repair_settings.php is THE quick and easy way to fix all theme and install paths or urls at one go. Definitely. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: