News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Error Logs filling up

Started by Dragon41673, August 13, 2019, 02:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

All,

LONG story short, I was met with an email on Monday morning from my host stating my database exceeded the limits. Some investigation lead me to the SMF forum error logs. Seems I've got errors going nuts on my site...and I've got NO CLUE how to stop them. I cleared the error log YESTERDAY NIGHT...and just shy of 18 hours now...and I've got 113,889 errors logged and GROWING as I type this!!! Something has happened, and I have made NO changes in the last couple months!!!

Here are some samples attached in images...can anyone help me figure this out?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Illori

downgrade your php version to 7.1, 7.2 and above is not supported at this time.

Dragon41673

It was already on 7.1.30 when I checked

Arantor

That error is not possible on PHP 7.1, and if you're still getting it, you're not on PHP 7.1 - maybe the account might be but the individual site clearly isn't.

Dragon41673

Odd...says my current "Managed PHP Version is 7.1"

I'll force it to do 7.1.30 which is listed and check the logs again in about an hour.

Illori

if that does not solve the issue, send a message to your host and see if they can help.

SpacePhoenix

Create a new file somewhere on the server (not within the SMF app) with just this:

<?php echo 'Current PHP version: ' phpversion(); ?>

What does that output?

Dragon41673

Sure thing...thank you to you both!

Dragon41673

Seems the issue has been resolved by forcing 7.1.30 as the PHP. Very odd it said my current "Managed PHP Version is 7.1" but it was still doing it. Maybe just a glitch, but it's fixed.

Thank you very much everyone!

Advertisement: