News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.15 or 2.1RCX

Started by gfa-skyranger, August 03, 2019, 09:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfa-skyranger

Hi,

i am using 2.0.15 but its corrupted after moving to another server, so i have to make it new,
it was necessary anyway, so i want to know, what are the differences between 2.0.15 and 2.1 RCx.

And which version are u guys suggesting.

tanks :-)

[nofollow]

br360

Can you be more specific; what exactly is corrupted?  Moving servers should not cause any thing to become permanently corrupted; especially if you or your host took a back up of your forum before the move to a new server.

Here are some of the new features in 2.1- https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Differences_between_SMF_2.1_and_SMF_2.0

There are some pretty cool new features, but 2.1 is not yet considered a stable release, and will still be going through bug fixes before it does go gold- so it is recommended to not be used in a production site unless someone knows what they are doing.

2.0.15 is currently the latest stable release and the one you should probably be sticking with until 2.1 goes from RC to gold

gfa-skyranger

Oh, thanks for ur answer.
So 2.1 is the "new" testing version and the 2.0.15 is the "normal" version for using it.
That explains the problems to install 2.1 on my webspace. it cannot use my database, because the version problems.
but i wont lose my database so i will stay on 2.0.15.

The corruption seems to be more on portamx addon, its no longer developed, because the last update was on 2015, so i have to install a new fresh smf, with another portal addon. there are just two of them, which are developed this times,.

so have to test them before i can use them.

and i moved to another Server with my webspace. so the old server was on mysql, and the new one uses only mysqli.

and i am the "hoster", it a root-server.
and yes, i have backed up all datas, webs and databases.

Well, thank you, now i know the difference between those both versions of smf.

SkyRanger
[nofollow]

Advertisement: