News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I'm testing the upgrade to 2.1 on my local laptop and need help

Started by cpf, August 04, 2019, 12:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpf

I moved my webdir files and DB to my local machine.  I imported the DB, modified my URLs in the settings, etc., to the localhost dir, put a return statement in the "is_not_banned()" fx in Sources/Security, and now I can see the front page.

When I click on a board, I get the php info page.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  I want to do the upgrade locally first before I do it on the server.

Thanks.
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

cpf

I forgot to check my .htaccess file.  I commented out "RewriteBase /" and I'm good to go.
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

cpf

I'm in the upgrader and I'm getting the error:

QuoteThe upgrader was unable to find some crucial files.

Please make sure you uploaded all of the files included in the package, including the Themes, Sources, and other directories

However, all the files are there, and I set everything to 777.  How can I work backwards and figure out where the problem is?

cpf

I dumped some output and see my theme_dir is set to my live server's home directory.  I changed it to my local machine's directory everywhere, but it's still pulling the old directory.  My new directory is /var/www/html/xxx. The old directory that it still refers to is: /home/xxx/public_html.  Where do I set it?

$ grep -R 'public_html' *

readme.html: <p>The first page you see may request your FTP information.  If you see this screen, it is because the installer found some files or folders with inadequate permissions for SMF to run properly.  If you enter your FTP information here, the installer can automatically fix these permissions for you.  Please note that the path should be the same path you see in your FTP client.  For example, it might be &quot;public_html/forum&quot;.  And remember, the installer will not save your FTP password anywhere.</p>
readme.html: <p>The first page you see may request your FTP information.  If you see this screen, it is because the webinstaller found some files or folders with inadequate permissions for SMF to run properly.  If you enter your FTP information here, the webinstaller can automatically fix these permissions for you.  Please note that the path should be the same path you see in your FTP client.  For example, it might be &quot;public_html/forum&quot;.  And remember, the webinstaller will not save your FTP password anywhere.</p>
Sources/Packages.php: if (preg_match('~^/home\d*/([^/]+?)/public_html~', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'], $match))
Sources/Class-Package.php~: if (preg_match('~^/home[2]?/([^/]+?)/public_html~', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'], $match))
Sources/Class-Package.php: if (preg_match('~^/home[2]?/([^/]+?)/public_html~', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'], $match))
Sources/Packages.php~: if (preg_match('~^/home/([^/]+?)/public_html~', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'], $match))
Themes/default/languages/Install.english.php:$txt['ftp_path_help'] = 'Your FTP path is the path you see when you log in to your FTP client. It commonly starts with &quot;<pre>www</pre>&quot;, &quot;<pre>public_html</pre>&quot;, or &quot;<pre>httpdocs</pre>&quot; - but it should include the directory SMF is in too, such as &quot;/public_html/forum&quot;. It is different from your URL and full path.<br><br>Files in this path may be overwritten, so make sure it\'s correct.';

cpf

Advertisement: