News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Smf forum is not opening , what could be reason and how to solve?

Started by muratbora, August 04, 2019, 09:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muratbora

Smf forum is not opening , what could be reason and how to solve?
I have noticed that a forum I manage is not opening now, https://www.turizmtasimacilik.com/forum/
How I can solve this? This is SMF related problem, because other part of site is workig and opening...Only SMS is not opening..

Arantor

Looks like your main site is interfering with SMF, putting SMF inside a WordPress site is known to do this because of some rubbish WordPress puts in the .htaccess file in the level above the forum.

Without seeing what they've put in it, it's hard to help...

muratbora

Htacces file shown as below;

# PRETTYURLS MOD BEGINS
# Pretty URLs mod
# http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
# .htaccess file generated automatically on: May 13, 2019, 20:52

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /forum

# Rules for: actions
RewriteRule ^(activate|admin|announce|attachapprove|buddy|calendar|clock|coppa)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(credits|deletemsg|dlattach|editpoll|editpoll2|findmember|groups|help)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(helpadmin|jsmodify|jsoption|likes|loadeditorlocale|lock|lockvoting|login)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(login2|logintfa|logout|markasread|mergetopics|mlist|moderate|modifycat)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(movetopic|movetopic2|notify|notifyboard|notifytopic|pm|post|post2)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(printpage|profile|quotefast|quickmod|quickmod2|recent|reminder|removepoll)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(removetopic2|reporttm|requestmembers|restoretopic|search|search2|sendactivation|signup)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(signup2|smstats|suggest|spellcheck|splittopics|stats|sticky|theme)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(trackip|about:unknown|unread|unreadreplies|uploadAttach|verificationcode|viewprofile|vote)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(viewquery|viewsmfile|who|\.xml|xmlhttp|forum)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: boards
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.$2 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: topics
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*|msg[0-9]*|new)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

# PRETTYURLS MOD ENDS
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ ./index.php?action=sitemap;xml

Arantor

Well, that's the one inside the forum itself, I was assuming there was also one in the folder up from it produced by WordPress.

If you rename the .htaccess file you've posted, does the forum at least load?

muratbora

I do not use wordpress, I use Osclass on homepage and under /forum/ folder installed SMF,
I have renamed and also removed htaccess file inside / forum/   folder, but still not opening...

Arantor

I didn't say you did use WordPress, that's just one example of things that break it.

Is there a .htaccess in the / folder (not inside the /forum/ folder)?

muratbora

Yes, is there a htaccess file under / forum/  folder, earlier I places inside of htacess file..

As you said, I have renamed, and tried to visit, no opened... than I have removed htacces + htacess backup files...
I have reloaded new htacess file, and now it is opening...

Appearently something caused by htacess backup file.  Now this file is not exist and site is opening...
Strange!

Arantor

Again, this is not what I asked you. You already renamed /forum/.htaccess so that's probably not the cause.

Is there a /.htaccess file? NOT in the forum folder.

muratbora

There is an another htacess file on main directory where I created manually for Osclass / CPANEL requirements. But it can not to be caused Because  SMF forum was already working untill today...
Anyway, now SMF forum is opening and working fine,
Thank you for advices and helps

Advertisement: