News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred! Registration is not active!

Started by muratbora, August 09, 2019, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muratbora

An Error Has Occurred! Registration is not active!

I noticed SMF forum registration section gives error and people could not register,
Nobody is registering right now, how can I fix this?

d3vcho

Are you using SMF 2.1 RC2 or the latest build from GitHub? Are there any errors in your Error Log?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

muratbora

Yes , I use latest 2.1 RC2 , I have 1 month ago updated from older version!

No error in logs on dasboard!
I also noticed that visitors can not post comment under a post, it says " you have no permission "
example ; https://www.turizmtasimacilik.com/forum/ogrenci-tasimacilik/ogrenci-okul-servis-araclarini-denetleme-formu/

Kindred

have yo confirmed that registration actually IS turned on and that guests actually do have permission to post?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on August 09, 2019, 08:26:14 AM
that guests actually do have permission to post?

why would that matter? guests should not ideally have permission to post unless you want a ton of spammers.

muratbora

Last year when I installed forum, registration was not required to post comment, because in the beginning of forums if you make registration is mandatory to post, many people is avoiding to register...and no progress about your forum!

I have spam prevention captchta, did not get a problem about spammig!

Kindred

the OP says that visitors can not post.

visitors normally = guests....

if the OP means that USERS can not post, then the same question applies...    are the permissions set to allow the various user groups to post?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

muratbora

I did not change anything after first installation last year, that time was users which is not registered yet was able to post comment...
a few week ago I have updated SMF to latest version, and today I noticed this error,

See secreenshoot of permission area on dasboard;

Illori

what permissions does the guest group have? your screenshot does not show this.

muratbora

Where can I see this " guest group "? I can not see such a word.

Illori

since your screenshot is not in English it makes it a bit harder for us to troubleshoot this with you.

when you go to the permissions section in admin the first group should be guests.

muratbora

muratbora

Ok than it is time to remove SMF forum on site and use another forums, I noticed that SMF is an useless forum with it's a lot of errors without solution!

GOOD BYE

Illori

you mean you will give us about 2 hours to solve your issue and give us on us completely?

it is not our fault you are using a version that is not complete and may have bugs in it. SMF 2.0 is the stable version we recommend people use.

Kindred

The OP also seems to be using several mods which may or may not be certified to work on 2.1 RC versions
Слaва
Украинi

aragornRSB

I have the same problem, did anybody solved this problem?

I set that new users have to be approved by admin. But when I try to register as a new user, I fulfill username, pass, I click that I agree with terms of use, and then I get message that I don t have permission to access that part of forum... So I have problem when I try to register.

Illori

SychO

can you please open Subs-Editor.php(take backup first) and replace all three instances of
fatal_lang_error('no_access', false);
with
fatal_lang_error('no_access');

then try registering an account again, and check your error log, if there's an error related to it, copy the backtrace information and past it here
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

aragornRSB

It says that I don't have permission to access that area. General error.

SychO

Thank you @aragornRSB for this, it will be very helpful at fixing the problem,

meanwhile other people were able to fix the issue bu editing their Anti-Spam settings, so check in Admin > Configuration > Anti Spam, maybe try to enable or disable reCaptcha and edit the security questions, I don't know for sure what they edited to fix it, but I know they fixed it.
Checkout My Themes:
-

SychO

also what are your Anti-Spam settings like before editing them ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

aragornRSB

It works :)

I disabled first option in anti spam (Request confirmation when registering) and after that my registration request as new user was OK. I can see registration request and when I approved it as admin, user was registered and everything is OK.

Thank you very much.

Advertisement: