Upgrading to 2.0.14, error

Started by Hootowls, August 10, 2019, 06:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootowls

Hello!

Currently I am trying to update my forum to 2.0.14 (and eventually 2.0.15), however every time I try to install the update package I get the following error:
"./Sources/Load.php test failed"

I checked on cpanel and admin center, the php version of the site is 5.6.4...so what's causing the error? The site has been in maintenance mode for a few hours and some members are asking about it, so I don't wanna update in fear of breaking the site and then making the members wait longer <:^|

Arantor

It means that 2.0.14 is trying to do a find/replace on the code in Load.php to replace the old code with the new and it can't find the piece of code it needs to change.

Assuming you didn't press 'go' anyway, you'll still be on 2.0.13 and can reopen the forum while we look at this.

If you click on the little paper icon next to the change it should tell you which change it's trying to make (so we know which change in 2.0.14 it's trying to make) along with your Load.php file, we'll help you get to 2.0.14.

Hootowls

Okie, will open! Just in case, here's the url:
http://www.bearbonesrp.com/index.php [nofollow]

And I'm so sorry oof, but where is the paper icon? When I look at the place where it states the "test failed" and code thing, there's an arrow, but clicking up and down on it doesn't do anything.

And how should I upload the load.php file, if that's what you meant? It's massive, so I don't know if I should use [icode]

Arantor

The arrow should expand downwards to show you the changes being made, where there's a little paper icon inside for each change (see attached)

Does that work if you use the default theme?

As for loading the Load.php file, best to use attachments to add it here.

Hootowls

OHH okay the theme I was using didn't have the papers for some reason, but switching it helped, thank you!

Here it is:
Code: (Find) [Select]
function loadMemberData($users, $is_name = false, $set = 'normal')
{
global $user_profile, $modSettings, $board_info, $smcFunc;

Code: (Replace) [Select]
{
global $user_profile, $modSettings, $board_info, $smcFunc;
global $boardurl, $image_proxy_enabled, $image_proxy_secret;

And the load should be attached!

Sir Osis of Liver

Your file has this -

{
global $user_profile, $modSettings, $board_info, $smcFunc, $context;

Change it to this -

{
global $user_profile, $modSettings, $board_info, $smcFunc, $context;
global $boardurl, $image_proxy_enabled, $image_proxy_secret;

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Hootowls

Thank you, but when I do that, I still get the exact same error for the same code <:^|

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes, you'll still get the error.  Make the manual edit first, upload the file, then go ahead and install the upgrade.

- R. Waters

Hootowls

HECK YEAH THANK YOU, it worked!

However, now when I try to log in via the box in the top left instead of the actual log in page, I always get an error. I've noticed other sites have this, too, so will 2.0.15 fix it? Or is there a code I can use?

Sir Osis of Liver

That's the missing session check, 2.0.15 should fix it.  You may have to fix it manually if using a custom theme.

- R. Waters

StarredSkies

Make sure you've updated your login forms to 2.0.14 login error if you haven't already. Make sure to update every theme.

Hootowls

Okay, thank you all!

One last thing—
I'm updating to 2.0.15, and it's asking me to find and replace the following in ManageMembers.php:
Code: (Find) [Select]
if ($context['sub_action'] == 'query' && !empty($_REQUEST['params']) && empty($_POST))
  $_POST += safe_unserialize(base64_decode($_REQUEST['params']));

Code: (Replace) [Select]
if ($context['sub_action'] == 'query' && empty($_POST))
{
  if (!empty($_REQUEST['params']))
  {
  }
  elseif ($context['browser']['is_ie'] && !empty($_SESSION['params']))
  {
   $_POST += $_SESSION['params'];
   unset($_SESSION['params']);
  }
}

However, when I look for that code, I get this:
if ($context['sub_action'] == 'query' && !empty($_REQUEST['params']) && (empty($_POST) || ((isset($_POST['spammers_checks']) || isset($_POST['spammers_report'])) && !empty($_POST['delete']))))

Should I replace that entire line, or only the parts that it tells me to?

Edit;; also, when I go to the separate log in page, there are two log in buttons...how do I get rid of the one on the bottom?

Sir Osis of Liver

Replace the entire line.  That login thing, thought that was long gone.  IIRC, it was another 2.0.14 glitch that should have been corrected in .15.  If no one gets to it before then, will try to remember to post the code when I'm back on computer tomorrow.

- R. Waters

Hootowls

Yup, upgrading to 2.0.15 fixed it! :'^D

Thank you so much, everyone! Sorry for being difficult with the codes, I'm very new dkjskjj

Arantor

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 11, 2019, 12:36:03 AM
Replace the entire line.  That login thing, thought that was long gone.  IIRC, it was another 2.0.14 glitch that should have been corrected in .15.  If no one gets to it before then, will try to remember to post the code when I'm back on computer tomorrow.

And you just broke the Stop Spammer mod by doing that.

And no, 2.0.15 did not fix the login thing on other themes.

Hootowls

What should I do, then? And what about the log in page, is there a code or something to get rid of the extra button?

edit;; also, all of the buttons are going haywire. What do I do about that?
(buttons as in the "new.gif" next to new threads/posts, the offline/online square, etc)

Hootowls

Hate to double post, but it won't let me edit ^^"

I just figured out the button issue, though, so y'all can ignore that!

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Arantor on August 11, 2019, 02:58:50 AM
And you just broke the Stop Spammer mod by doing that.

Y'know, I looked for that, didn't see it. >:(  Don't know if my eyes or my brain are getting worse (probably both).

Uninstall/reinstall Stop Spammer mod.  You may get an error on that line when you uninstall, do it anyway, the code's already been removed.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: