how to remove unread topic functions?

Started by billrune, August 13, 2019, 05:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billrune

i know i can remove it from theme but i guess the query still did. this will waste cpu usage if a lot of posts everyday.

thanks

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You would be removing a huge core part of what is SMF, I can't really see why anyone would want to do that.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

Unread topics is one of the most useful functions for users. Removing it will actually discourage users from participating if they can't find new content to reply to.

billrune

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on August 13, 2019, 05:51:59 AM
You would be removing a huge core part of what is SMF, I can't really see why anyone would want to do that.
thanks for your reply!
Quote from: Arantor on August 13, 2019, 06:01:33 AM
Unread topics is one of the most useful functions for users. Removing it will actually discourage users from participating if they can't find new content to reply to.
i see.  thank you. i am worried about the performance if lot of posts everyday.

Arantor

I wouldn't be worried about performance unless you actually already have a problem. Preventative maintenance of problems is really, really hard.

billrune

Quote from: Arantor on August 13, 2019, 06:08:26 AM
I wouldn't be worried about performance unless you actually already have a problem. Preventative maintenance of problems is really, really hard.
i see. thank you!

Advertisement: