Fatal Error: Function name must be a string in install.php on line 843

Started by graphicintention, August 14, 2019, 01:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

graphicintention

I am trying to install the new 2.0.15 smf forums on godaddy.

I do not have another forum loaded, but I did have one at one time and it has since been removed.

When I go through the install I get this error on step 2:
Fatal error: Function name must be a string in D:\Hosting\10169629\html\forum\install.php on line 843

if I remove the offending error, I continue getting errors of the same "function name must be a string in...on line (it changes as I remove the prior line)

I don't want to have to delete half the install.php if there is an easier way to do it.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

@rjen

Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

graphicintention

I just updated the version to 5.6 as it is the highest godaddy will allow. I will check back in here when it's updated to let you know if that worked.

Thanks for the speedy replies. I am impressed!

graphicintention

Yes. That was it. Thank you so much. That was way easier than deleting half the file.

Enjoy your night!

Arantor

Quote from: graphicintention on August 14, 2019, 01:47:41 AM
Yes. That was it. Thank you so much. That was way easier than deleting half the file.

Enjoy your night!

Deleting half the file wouldn't have helped, it wouldn't have gotten installed properly.

Sir Osis of Liver

GoDaddy. :P

You can ask them to move you to a different server, some of them run php 7.x.  5.6 is officially eol, you can go up to 7.1 in 2.0.15.  Better idea would be to move to a decent host.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: