News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Theme Issues

Started by Majik_Imaje, August 14, 2019, 02:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majik_Imaje

Some of my members fo my forum are complaining they can't log in

server times out ??  I kept getting locked out of my forum yesterday , but when i changed themes everything was ok.

How to I remove or un-install  two themes.. I have a total of four - two that came with the  script and I tried to add two more and that is when my prblems began

I am using SMF 2.0.15

Majik_Imaje

I was able to delete the two themes  that were causing me problems

Everything has been working GREAT for  two weeks no problems now all of a sudden people are having log in issues

but a member sent me this massage  could you see why I'm unable to login? I received a notification that stated something about changing my password. And when I tryed to login, something about try later, then something about my user name doesn't exist?

Kindred

URL?
mods installed?

what theme(s) are you using?
Didyou apply the 2.0.14/2.0.15 login fix?

Did you convert from another forum software or do a recent upgrade from SMF 1.1.x?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Majik_Imaje

The forum is 2.0.15  it is  two weeks instaled
but members are sending me e-mails that they can't log in

I have the two default themes  Core & Curve

The other two themes I deleted

I have very few mods installed

simple image uploaded
Highlight text

Arantor

And which of these are you using on your site?

Majik_Imaje

I am currently using Curve but I much prefer  core

why would I need a log in fix from 2.0.14

I don't understand

https://majikimaje.com/smf

Arantor

Because Core didn't get the fix.

lurkalot

Quote from: Arantor on August 16, 2019, 02:30:59 AM

Absolutely.  This does make me wonder though, why don't they fix it? Or remove the theme from the package, why distribute something which is broken.  This issue has cropped up a few times.

Arantor

Quote from: lurkalot on August 16, 2019, 02:48:42 AM

Absolutely.  This does make me wonder though, why don't they fix it? Or remove the theme from the package, why distribute something which is broken.  This issue has cropped up a few times.

Same reason login via SSI was broken in 2.0.14: it was simply forgotten about. That said, I don't know why it wasn't fixed in 2.0.15.

lurkalot

I can understand it could have been forgotten, but I mean why can't one of the team grab the damn thing and repackage it with the fix?  It would probably take them less time than it would to answer one of these support topics.

Majik_Imaje

Quote from: Kindred on August 15, 2019, 11:27:48 AM
URL?
mods installed?

Did you convert from another forum software or do a recent upgrade from SMF 1.1.x?

Do you have a link for this fix ??

Arantor

Quote from: lurkalot on August 16, 2019, 02:58:18 AM
I can understand it could have been forgotten, but I mean why can't one of the team grab the damn thing and repackage it with the fix?  It would probably take them less time than it would to answer one of these support topics.

No idea, but this decision was in no small part what led to StoryBB's creation.

Quote from: Majik_Imaje on August 16, 2019, 03:09:05 AM
URL?
mods installed?

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Login_error_2.0.14

Majik_Imaje

Quote from: Arantor on August 16, 2019, 03:14:36 AM
Quote from: lurkalot on August 16, 2019, 02:58:18 AM

No idea, but this decision was in no small part what led to StoryBB's creation.

Quote from: Majik_Imaje on August 16, 2019, 03:09:05 AM
URL?
mods installed?

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Login_error_2.0.14

Wonderful, Now can you translate  this for me?  I have only made one install using the package 2.0.15   So  from what I could understand  about that link you sent me,  I have to add some code    to a<form> in the pages mentioned
Is  that      about right ?????

Arantor

Yes, that's exactly right, you have to look for some code in Themes/core/index.template.php and add some code to it so it will function correctly.

Majik_Imaje

Thank you for  answering so promptly.. I've never done this before and it is way over my head but I think I can understand what to do..

Majik_Imaje

Done deal.  I found  the file  index-template.php   I found the </form> tag
and right above that I inserted the  code...........so that's  It ??
Is there any way to test this ??  How do I know ?

Thanks for your expert help!

Illori

if you can log in without issue, the fix has worked.

Majik_Imaje

I thought this was fixed..........but I guess not......some people still can't log in

I found the   index  template php and placed the line of code   right above the </form
but when I went back to the forum.. I noticed a person was trying to log in for 1/2 hour and never got logged in

The install was installed two weeks ago from a 2.0.15 package

https://majikimaje.com/smf

I have the two default themes............. core  & curve    core is the theme that locks people out.

I have no idea what to do......and if I don't get this fixed soon I am going to loose all my members.

Majik_Imaje

so what do I do ??   the fix didnt fix anything and I know i inserted the line of code properly   and in the right place.

lurkalot

There's two closing form tags in that index.template file, you sure you added it to the correct one ?

This is the one you want, around line 293

Find
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
</form>';
}

Change to,
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
</form>';
}

Advertisement: