News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

help me

Started by wormpje, August 17, 2019, 03:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wormpje

please help me

i want to go back and start forum of smf i have installed the last one and i only got white page on my page only smf 2.0.7 is okay and i get better view but hellaas this one gets no update's can anyone help me? 2.0.15 does not work, which I find very strange
mvg wim

lurkalot

I suspect your server is running a lower version of PHP than is required by 2.0.15.  It should run fine on anything from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.1

wormpje

I am at hxxp:eurohosting.nl [nonactive] my php is 7.2 but I cannot install smf 2.015 because I get a white page
what does that mean?

mvg wim

lurkalot

Quote from: wormpje on August 17, 2019, 03:54:33 PM
I am at eurohosting.nl my php is 7.2 but I cannot install smf 2.015 because I get a white page
what does that mean?

mvg wim

I believe php 7.1 is the highest version 2.0.15 supports, that might be the reason.

Arantor

Ask your host if MySQLi support is enabled.

7.2 won't cause a white screen in 2.0.15 (at least, not that I've seen), but it will spam the error log.

lurkalot

Quote from: Arantor on August 17, 2019, 04:04:49 PM
Ask your host if MySQLi support is enabled.

7.2 won't cause a white screen in 2.0.15 (at least, not that I've seen), but it will spam the error log.

Ahh, thanks for putting me straight. I wasn't sure what effect it would have on the installer, but knew it would run on it with errors.   

I'm just the warm up act, just until the real stars come on.  ;)

wormpje

Best

ok I've asked everything from themes from the past on 2.0.15 works on are there new themes available?
if this does not work yet, is there no update available for 2.0.7?

mvg wim

wormpje

Best

according to the server host mysqli is activated this I get on 2.0.15

hxxp:www.stevendelauw.be/9maanden/index.php [nonactive] whit

Arantor

This is a known bug in the installer, use repair_settings.php to fix the paths - What is repair_settings.php?

wormpje

Best
unable to upload and read the package and give an error message.

wormpje

Best

have implemented it but remains the same

Shambles

Did you run the repair_settings.php script from your browser and save the results?

wormpje

Best

after doing some repair, I was able to solve it, but sometimes I still get a message about my session timeout.

mvg wim

Advertisement: