Can Member numbers be changed ?

Started by Steelponycowboy, November 14, 2019, 03:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelponycowboy

Can member numbers be changed and if so, how ?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Better question, why would you want to?

Steelponycowboy

We had a major loss of data and GoDaddy could not find any backups of the data base they are supposed to do every night,  the one they did find was from 2016.   

In addition to loosing 3 years of posts, etc,  we had to add every member since 2016,  the numbers are all wrong now.

Also,  as people leave and are added,  there are gaps in numbers.

Sir Osis of Liver

GoDaddy. :P

If you manually re-registered every member who registered since 2016, id_member will be different from their original id, but doesn't matter because all of their posts/pms are also lost, so there's nothing to connect them to.  Gaps in id_member sequence shouldn't cause any problems, why are you worried about them?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Steelponycowboy

Just one of those crazy things you think of................

landyvlad

Can Member numbers be changed ?

No bit in your case hosting providers can be, and should be. NOW-ish.

Just my humble opinion, which is shared by millions of others.. :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: