News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

how to creat protocol link to connect directly to the game server with one click

Started by adelsa123, August 21, 2019, 10:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelsa123

how to creat protocol link to connect directly to the game server with one click like this forum https ://prnt .sc /ovmv4d

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I believe those are steam links, so steam://connect/uk.... so on.
Where, would be the bigger question.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GigaWatt

It's an application protocol link... you click it and another local program (on your PC) fires up and opens the link (like magnet URLs with the torrent protocol).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

At the exact same spot on the forum index (where that screenshot was taken) I would guess it is within a board description, using html.
So a basic html link <a href="steam://connect/uk.fetti....">uk.fetti...</a> :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

oh...  that was a screenshot non-link.  it confused me because what the OP posted was a straightforward http link except it wasn't a link.... (because the OP only has one post)

However, links within a board description (heck, ANY HTML in a board description) is likely to break things.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

adelsa123

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on August 21, 2019, 01:10:32 PM
At the exact same spot on the forum index (where that screenshot was taken) I would guess it is within a board description, using html.
So a basic html link <a href="steam://connect/uk.fetti....">uk.fetti...</a> :)
thnk u very much bro this is what i wanted to do ! and thnks for evryone who joined topic for help ! and also i want players count and wich map the server in on just like this screen shot !  https ://prnt .sc/ovu9e7

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That would probably be more html, but there we can't help much - we would need to know where and how the data is fetched.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: