php 7.3

Started by Bigguy, August 22, 2019, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

What would be a reason why SMF 2.1 would not run on php 7.3  ???

Arantor

Likely it just hasn't been tested.

Are you having a specific error we can look at?

d3vcho

AFAIK, there are some members running PHP 7.3 in the latest GitHub build. Also, Travis (the code testing tool) provides testing for PHP 7.3 in all commits.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Bigguy

I have 3 domains on my server and I switched one of them to 7.3 All it says is it won't connect to the database. All the other domains are on 7.1. None of them will run on 7.2 or 7.3. A member at my site switched his install to 7.3 and it ran fine. The only difference that I could see was mariadb was a different version. So there are no errors really it just won't connect to the database.

Illori

ask your host if they know why it is not working.

Bigguy

The info from my site is this:
Forum version: SMF 2.1 RC2 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 2.1 RC2
GD version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
MySQLi engine: MariaDB
MySQLi version: 10.2.23-MariaDB
PHP: 7.1.31 (more detailed)
Server version: Apache

From the site that will run it is this:Forum version: SMF 2.1 RC2 (more detailed)

MySQLi version: 10.1.41-MariaDB
PHP: 7.3.8 (more detailed)

I was thinking maybe it had something to do with the database versions being different.

Bigguy

Quote from: Illori on August 22, 2019, 08:55:55 AM
ask your host if they know why it is not working.

I guess I will have to put a ticket in I guess. This is on a vps that I manage on my own and I don't think I did anything wrong at all.

Arantor

Shouldn't be, 10.1 is more compatible as far as we know.

Are the DB settings definitely correct?

Bigguy

Yes, I can switch between 7.1 and 7.2 and 3 and the only version that works is 7.1 for some reason.

Bigguy

I can PM a link to someone if they like but I don't want the link in public as it's just a test site.

Illori

if the MariaDB is different with different php version, then it is possible that version does not have your database in it, or the user is not correct. can you log into phpmyadmin and confirm the database exists?

Bigguy

I am in phpmyadmin now and the database is there. I have also checked the Settings.php file and all info there is correct as well.

Illori

does your phpmyadmin tell you which MariaDB version it is connected to?

Bigguy

The only error I can find in the error log is this:

PHP Warning:  call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, no array or string given in /home/*****/public_html/index.php on line 15

@illori: I will check

Bigguy

This is the database info from phpmyadmin:

• Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
  • Server type: MariaDB
  • Server connection: SSL is not being used Documentation
  • Server version: 10.2.23-MariaDB - MariaDB Server
  • Protocol version: 10

Illori

that is not the version in use by your php 7.3 install. so you need to figure out how to connect to that MariaDB and see what databases it has.

Bigguy

Ok, now I'm lost, lol.

Bigguy

Quote from: Illori on August 22, 2019, 09:17:23 AM
that is not the version in use by your php 7.3 install. so you need to figure out how to connect to that MariaDB and see what databases it has.

How do you know from what I have told you. I'm not sure how to do that tbh. (Just asking)

Illori

QuoteForum version: SMF 2.1 RC2 (more detailed)
MySQLi version: 10.2.23-MariaDB
PHP: 7.1.31 (more detailed)

From the site that will run it is this:Forum version: SMF 2.1 RC2 (more detailed)

MySQLi version: 10.1.41-MariaDB
PHP: 7.3.8 (more detailed)

from the above it states which MariaDB is connected with which php version. at this point if you cannot configure your phpmyadmin to connect to MariaDB 10.1.41, you would need to connect via CLI and check the database this way. or you ask your host to fix it for you.

Bigguy

I have to go to work but will check on this later when I get home.

Advertisement: