General Community > Site Comments, Issues and Concerns

Saving moderator time

(1/7) > >>

Arantor:
I keep seeing the same things going on and I think there’s a couple of things you can do.

1. If “don’t resurrect old threads” is a concern in the support boards, use the admin tools to lock the old topics, that’s what it’s there for.

2. I think it might be time to make the 1.1 board read only, and move it below the 2.0 and 2.1 boards as a historical archive (in time, but not yet, move it to the archived area)

d3vcho();:
1. Not all old topics should be closed.
2. Makes sense, I will pass that to the team.

Thank you for your thoughts :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen:

--- Quote from: Arantor on August 23, 2019, 08:59:20 AM ---1. If “don’t resurrect old threads” is a concern in the support boards, use the admin tools to lock the old topics, that’s what it’s there for.

--- End quote ---
Personally, I would not like to see this happen. We do want to allow people to return to their own old topics if they need to.

--- Quote from: Arantor on August 23, 2019, 08:59:20 AM ---2. I think it might be time to make the 1.1 board read only, and move it below the 2.0 and 2.1 boards as a historical archive (in time, but not yet, move it to the archived area)

--- End quote ---
My opinion: Not before 2.1 is final.

Arantor:
Then can someone please tell Irisado to not just unilaterally respond to every resurrected topic with a curt message and a lock please?

As for the 1.1 board closure, 1.1 has already been formally announced as EOL and 2.0 users keep putting topics in there.

Illori:

--- Quote from: Arantor on August 23, 2019, 09:48:09 AM ---Then can someone please tell Irisado to not just unilaterally respond to every resurrected topic with a curt message and a lock please?

--- End quote ---

we are dealing with this internally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version