News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Upgrading from 2.0.15?

Started by flussaudio, August 23, 2019, 11:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flussaudio

I'd like to upgrade an install of 2.2.15 to 2.1 (would really like to be able to resize photos...), but I can't seem to find instructions on the procedure.  Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Sir Osis of Liver

Unless you really know what you're doing, stay with 2.0.15.  2.1 is in RC, still chasing bugs and it changes frequently.  Last I looked at github package, upgrade scripts were in /other directory.  There's a 2.0 mod that resizes attachments, works quite well.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2206
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Suki

Yes, 2.1 is still in RC stage, however, we always welcome feedback from users so if you can have a development env for your own forum and perform the upgrade there, do't hesitate to tell us your exp. Real users testing the software is pretty valuable for us.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

flussaudio

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 23, 2019, 12:50:54 PM
Unless you really know what you're doing, stay with 2.0.15.  2.1 is in RC, still chasing bugs and it changes frequently.  Last I looked at github package, upgrade scripts were in /other directory.  There's a 2.0 mod that resizes attachments, works quite well.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2206
Is there anything available that will enable me to resize images posted via URL?

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

GigaWatt

That's for 2.0.x, I believe flussaudio is looking for a mod for 2.1.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

flussaudio

Quote from: GigaWatt on August 25, 2019, 03:58:58 PM
That's for 2.0.x, I believe flussaudio is looking for a mod for 2.1.
Decided to hold off on 2.1 for now...

Advertisement: