News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Posting Images and Image Size

Started by Majik_Imaje, August 23, 2019, 08:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majik_Imaje

Quote from: lurkalot on August 21, 2019, 03:39:36 AM
Take a look here, especially the part about "Mass Moving Topics "https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Moving_topics

Ok.. I got a question   and  don't want to open a new topic:
I need to keep in touch with you   (Tiny Portal thingy)
On my forum when Post an image that is on my  server. I can't click on that miage in the post to make it bigger. how do I do that ?

Sir Osis of Liver

If you include an image in a post using [img][/img] tags, it will display actual size (you've done that on my forum).  If you attach the image, you'll get a thumbnail below the post, click on it and it should display full size, unless you're running a mod that resizes attachments (you're not).  Link to the post that's giving you trouble?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Irisado

Topic split.  Please start a new topic for a different support issue in future.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Illori

admin -> features and options -> layout set max width of posted pictures and height, that i believe will enable what you want.

Sir Osis of Liver

I think he's asking a different question.  If you set a max width/height, an image posted in [img][/img] tags will be resized in the post to the max size, if you click on it it's displayed full size, you can toggle back and forth. 

Quote from: Majik_Imaje on August 23, 2019, 08:08:40 PM
On my forum when Post an image that is on my  server. I can't click on that miage in the post to make it bigger. how do I do that ?

He doesn't want to make a large image smaller, rather a small image larger.

- R. Waters

Majik_Imaje

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 24, 2019, 05:09:45 PM
I think he's asking a different question.  If you set a max width/height, an image posted in [img][/img] tags will be resized in the post to the max size, if you click on it it's displayed full size, you can toggle back and forth. 

Quote from: Majik_Imaje on August 23, 2019, 08:08:40 PM

He doesn't want to make a large image smaller, rather a small image larger.  Here (in this forum)the image has a link on it.  In my forum there is no link on the image.

that is correct.......     When you see this image embedded in the post - (in my forum) there is no link to click on   when I put my mouse over the photo . It is just an arrow - no hand

What  do I have to do so that the image is a link to  much larger image ??

Sir Osis of Liver

Link?

Just had a look at your settings, max width/height are set to 0, so image will post actual size, there's no way to make it larger than it is.

- R. Waters

Majik_Imaje

So all I have to do is set that to 1200 x 800 ??

Advertisement: