News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

cannot access admin "session timed out while posting."

Started by Willie, August 24, 2019, 11:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie

just patched from 2.0.12  to .13  and cannot access admin. get error message when attempting login.  Also     cannot login on summary page, but can access all guest boards and it shows I am logged in when in those boards. Cannot access restricted boards nor admin.  What went wrong?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Are you sure it was .13? There's this known problem with custom themes and .14 https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Login_error_2.0.14
Can you try to use the default theme? If your settings allow, you can test by accessing your forum with /index.php?theme=1
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Willie

Thanks. 13 did not patch.  I am at .12 from .11      The test script allows me into admin.  Will look at my mod. Thanks again.

Willie

Last available update for my Anecdota 2.0  theme was in 2013.   Did patching to .12 create the problem?  Is there a risk in using a theme that is not updated?

Looking

You should be looking up the error logs on your server if you have access to them.

Willie

Thanks Looking. Had access and had nothing there.   

Ran repair script, saved the themes suggestions and now cannot access anything. Get "Unable to load Themes/default/Errors.template.php!" 

now the " /index.php?theme=1"  will not work.

is the template.php in theme directory? If so, can I edit it to access the theme=1   

Sir Osis of Liver

Crip's themes work fine in 2.0.15, you just have to add the session check to header login.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Willie

Thank you, Sir.....Is this correct

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
               <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
            </form>';

Willie

When using the repair script,  I changed path to Anecdota2 which it said was right and it now keeps me from accessing the site.

When going to my site I get    Unable to load Themes/default/Errors.template.php!

even when using      /index.php?theme=1

How do I access the config to correct the paths. And what ought they be? when using Anecdota2?

Sir Osis of Liver

Have you run repair_settings?  It allows you to reset all users to default Curve.

- R. Waters

Willie

Yes Sir.   I used the repair script and the screenshot above is from the information provided by that script. I saved it and that is how I got where I am now. I was using anecdota_2 theme. I don't know what went wrong.  I patched from .11 to .12. Things got progressively worse.

Kindred

Wait wait wait...
Did you change the default theme settings to point to anecdota?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Is that even possible?  Would be a disaster.

Yep, it's a disaster, and throws the errors.template error.  Don't recognize the screenshot, though.  Would have to manually change it back to /Themes/default in repair_settings.

- R. Waters

Willie

The screen shot is from the information given to me by the repair script.   I did not change anything, I just saved what is there.     It's been ten years since I set up the site. I am using anecdota as my theme.  What was supposed to be in the default path?  How do I correct it?  repair script is not working.

Illori

can you post a larger section of the repair_settings.php script? we need to see clearly what it states for the default theme. the default theme paths should NEVER be changed to point to another theme.

Willie

I can't access the page any longer. I have the page open in a tab. If I do anything I will lose the page.   The rest of the page shows options, not paths.   Why won't the script work any longer?

Willie

Kindred

yeah.... that title "SMF Default theme - Anectoda"

that seems to suggest that you did exactly what I said...   which would explain why nothing works, because you're not supposed to do that.

You can not load the repair_settings.php screen again?
That should not depend on the theme settings at all.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Willie

I got a firewall. I am getting used to it.  I ran the repair script again and it worked. What needs to go into the default theme?

Sir Osis of Liver

In repair_settings -

SMF Default Theme - Curve URL:    
SMF Default Theme - Curve Images URL:    
SMF Default Theme - Curve Directory:

must all be set to ...... /Themes/default.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: