News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Temporary folder extraction empty contents

Started by muffinabyss, August 25, 2019, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muffinabyss

"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

Happens with all packages. Fresh install of 2.0.15 on NGINX + PHP 5.6 FPM with the pool.d process php5.6-forum.sock run as user "forum" -  Install went fine, CloudFlare TLS isn't broken and my configuration is returning the right IPs...

... could this be problem of CloudFlare? PHP-FPM permissions or something else? Never encountered this problem with apache2 + MPM-ITK. Or perhaps I haven't installed a required PHP extension to use the package manager?

Arantor

It's usually a permissions problem where it can't make a folder called temp inside the Packages folder.

It can also happen if you're trying to add things from GitHub where it doesn't make zip files compatible with SMF.

muffinabyss

I was still able to upload ZIPs through the package manager.

Regardless I'd probably prefer to use 2.1, after some testing. This was for the most part an experiment.

Arantor

The problem isn't the upload step, it's the unpack step. It can be permissions, and in 2.1 it can also be a missing extension, but I'm not sure whether you would like help diagnosing this now.

Advertisement: