News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting from 1.1.11 to 2.0.15

Started by boinc-australia, August 29, 2019, 08:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boinc-australia

I tried to install the backup from 1.1.15 and got an error on TYPE= and found that I needed to change that to ENGINE= which has gotten rid of that error but now I have a new one.

'DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `smf_log_activity`' at line 9

The file around line 9 is this:

#
# Table structure for table `smf_attachments`
#

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `smf_attachments`;

CREATE TABLE `smf_attachments` (
  ID_ATTACH int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  ID_THUMB int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
  ID_MSG int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
  ID_MEMBER mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
  attachmentType tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
  filename tinytext NOT NULL,
  size int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
  downloads mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,

It seems that the problem is line three where it says

ID_ATTACH int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,

I have to move the board over to a server that I rented as the company that currently hosts it has been sold.  I am not a programmer and only know enough to get in trouble...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That is not the error, that is the the query causing the error I assume. Did you get something else that you did not copy over?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

boinc-australia

I ran the command  mysql -u root -p smf <  smf-23-07-19.sql  and got the error in the post.

I now get the error on trying to access the site:  Unknown column 'bp.add_deny' in 'field list'

Arantor

That looks like the 2.0 upgrader hasn't been run - that column is called addDeny in 1.1 but add_deny in 2.0.

boinc-australia

Quote from: Arantor on August 29, 2019, 09:45:09 AM
That looks like the 2.0 upgrader hasn't been run - that column is called addDeny in 1.1 but add_deny in 2.0.

The server that I am moving from I do not have access to other than getting the backup file from them.  I installed 2.0.15 and trying to load the 1.1.11 backup file.  I can't run the upgrader on the 1.1.11 server.

Is there anywhere that lists the changes to the database between the versions ?  I will look for the upgrader program ?

Is there a process that I can follow to convert from 1.1.11 to 2.0.15 ??

Illori

upgrade.php script will do it for you. extract it from the upgrade package along with the *.SQL files and run it from your browser.

boinc-australia

Quote from: Illori on August 29, 2019, 10:47:48 AM
upgrade.php script will do it for you. extract it from the upgrade package along with the *.SQL files and run it from your browser.

I put the upgrade.php and all the .sql files from the Large Upgrade package in the smf folder.  I put my backup file in that folder as well.  I tried to run it from home as http://158.69.23.50/upgrade.php [nofollow] and got a HTTP 500 error.  I tried it on the server browser as localhost/upgrade.php and also http://158.69.23.50/upgrade.php [nofollow] and just get a blank screen ??

Time for bed soon I have been trying to do this for hours and it is 01:30 here in Australia.

Arantor

What version of PHP do you have on that server?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: boinc-australia on August 29, 2019, 11:31:21 AM
I put my backup file in that folder as well.

What backup file?  If you have a database dump, which is all you need to move the forum, it doesn't go in the file directory.  You have to create a new db, import the dump, and connect it to the forum install.  Get it running in 1.1.11, upgrade to 1.1.21, then upgrade to 2.0.15, during which process you'll probably have to dick around with php versions.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

boinc-australia

Thanks for the replies.  It is just too much trouble I will start from fresh I think.  I think I tried and had problems with php when I tried to start at 1.1.11 and couldn't figure it out.

Clean fresh start might be the best, although the members of the Team will not be excited with that solution.

I am not up to speed with all this and at 70 years old new things don't come quick.

Thanks again.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you would like assistance with this, drop me a PM.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: