Customizing SMF > Graphics and Templates

Has anyone improved /main_block.png to have transparent rounded edges?

(1/89) > >>

Biology Forums:
Adding a background to the Curve theme is very annoying with they rounded edge effect that comes with this file. Has anyone improved the file in one of their projects and would like to share it here?

Arantor:
The problem is that the CSS in 2.0 relies on it not having transparency as part of how it was built for IE6 back in 2009 when it was first released, so you’d need to change a lot more than just the image.

Of course this is a non issue in 2.1.

Antes:
You should get rid of images & use CSS for those blocks, instead of upgrading the image itself (which btw easier to do).

Biology Forums:

--- Quote from: Antes on August 30, 2019, 12:13:41 PM ---You should get rid of images & use CSS for those blocks, instead of upgrading the image itself (which btw easier to do).

--- End quote ---

I've started to, it's actually easier than I thought.

--- Quote from: Arantor on August 30, 2019, 12:09:23 PM ---The problem is that the CSS in 2.0 relies on it not having transparency as part of how it was built for IE6 back in 2009 when it was first released, so you’d need to change a lot more than just the image.

Of course this is a non issue in 2.1.

--- End quote ---

Client is using 2.0; would prefer 2.1 though I wouldn't recommend it right now given its status

Sir Osis of Liver:
I've done a couple of Curve customizations that involved modifying the sprite, it's really not worth the effort.  (I'm so sick of Curve :P, I guess from spending too much time here.)  More recently have been doing a lot of work with backgrounds and transparent elements, all based on other themes.  Just finishing up this one, based on mobile-desktop (responsive).  This one is based on SychO's NightBreeze (responsive).  This is Crip's BacknBlack (not responsive).  I always encourage forums to select a custom theme from the many available here, and then work with that, rather than Curve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version