[] operator not supported for strings

Started by rjez16, September 04, 2019, 09:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjez16

Help please. I'm a completely lost on what to do with this. I actually didn't know there was an error log till I started researching this.

Long story short a friend helped my brother and I set this website up years ago and he has since passed away. So my brother noticed there were a few updates and started clicking buttons. Now its broke. If someone can fix this I would be willing to compensate.   

I cleared the log yesterday and its pages long again.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://www.danstopnotch.net/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;descApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8192: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further callsApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home2/othggame/public_html/danstopnotch/Sources/PortaMx/LoadData.php
Line: 1086

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://www.danstopnotch.net/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;descApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8192: Function create_function() is deprecatedApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home2/othggame/public_html/danstopnotch/Themes/default/languages/PortaMx/PortaMx.english.php (eval?)
Line: 1

http://www.danstopnotch.net/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;descApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8192: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PortaMxC_Blocks has a deprecated constructorApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home2/othggame/public_html/danstopnotch/Sources/PortaMx/Class/System/PortaMx_BlocksClass.php
Line: 21

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttp://www.danstopnotch.net/index.php?action=media;sa=media;id=44Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8192: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PortaMxC_Blocks has a deprecated constructorApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home2/othggame/public_html/danstopnotch/Sources/PortaMx/Class/System/PortaMx_BlocksClass.php
Line: 21

Illori

which version of php are you using? which version of SMF are you using?

rjez16

smf 2.0.15

Where do I look to find what version of php?

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

rjez16

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.15 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.15
GD version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
Database Server: Percona
MySQL version: 5.7.23-23
PHP: 7.3.8
Server version: Apache

vbgamer45

Ideally SMF 2.0.x should be run on PHP 7.1 that fixes the create_function warning messages.

PortaMX might need an update to fix the [] operators.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

rjez16

If I'm seeing it correctly all mods appeare to be the latest versions.

Should this issue be pointed to portamx forums?

vbgamer45

It should fixing the each and the [] are somewhat straight forward to do so.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

rjez16

it appears Portamx is all but dead. there was one post over there about the same issue but it looks like they wont help him. Is my site fixable or should it be scrapped? 

@rjen

I think there is an answer there: use the latest version...of Portamx. And if you cannot you can downgrade to Php version 5.6?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

rjez16

I am using the latest version of Portamx 1.54.

How would I downgrade php? Is this something I need to call host monster to fix?

Again I'm sorry I have no clue about any of this, please be patient with me.

Arantor

Thing is, PortaMX is no longer supported, feline would simply prefer you move over to PortaMX-Forum which is a modified and rebranded SMF with PortaMX included.

Best suggestion, drop PortaMX and switch to another portal, and in the meantime ask your host about downgrading PHP.

iasdeoupxe

Hi *,

as an alternative and to avoid to switch a portal (until SMF 2.1 is released) or to downgrade to an older PHP version i have forked PortaMx on github and incorporated a few minor fixes i had collected to have at least some sort of compatibility with newer SMF and PHP updates:

hxxps://github.com/iasdeoupxe/PortaMx-1.54-ecl (external links not allowed)

Testing of / further contributions to the source code above are welcome.

I have also submitted these to the upstream repo hxxs://github.com/PortaMx/PortaMx-1.54-ecl but i doubt that these will be incorporated there as the repo looks quite abandoned.

Advertisement: