News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Differentiate First post from other posts?

Started by KBExit, September 05, 2019, 11:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KBExit

Hello, I am designing my website to look like a content post with replies kinda look (if that makes any sense)
- better example being; making it look like a blog?

I was wondering if there was a way to make the first post the dynamic content while the replies look like comments.

I don't know how to go about it, but I am sure there is a way to differentiate the posts in display.template.php and I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to modifying web files, any and all help will be great!

Thank you!

Mick.

You mean something like this? https://www.idesignsmf.com/index.php/topic,546.0.html I pretty much cut and butchered my display template plus addition to the css. As far as I know there is no mod that does this. I've gotten several messages asking about this. I will share my file and css edits as soon I have access to a desktop

Kindred

actually, severl of the blog mods did exactly that.... not sure if any are still viable though
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

KBExit

Quote from: Kindred on September 05, 2019, 12:10:24 PM
actually, severl of the blog mods did exactly that.... not sure if any are still viable though

I haven't seen anything around when I searched so yea, I don't think there are lol, unless I wasn't looking at the right content.

Quote from: Mick. on September 05, 2019, 11:17:54 AM
You mean something like this? https://www.idesignsmf.com/index.php/topic,546.0.html [nofollow] I pretty much cut and butchered my display template plus addition to the css. As far as I know there is no mod that does this. I've gotten several messages asking about this. I will share my file and css edits as soon I have access to a desktop

Thank you, I sent you a personal message and noticed that you weren't around, I was beginning to wonder / worry about you. I hope you're doing alright man, the hurricane didn't hit you hard did it?
Again, thank you, I will be looking out for it on your website!

Advertisement: