Advertisement:

Author Topic: Problem with post attachments 2.0.17  (Read 312 times)

Offline DarkAngel612

• Sophist Member
Problem with post attachments 2.0.17
« on: February 06, 2020, 09:03:22 PM »
I did not have this issue prior to the 2.0.17 update. When anyone...admin or member try to attach an image or whatever to a post we get a blank page. No error message, nothing just the page. There is no error log on server, in c-panel, nowhere so I am lost.

I have just now deleted all smf files from the server for this forum, and reuploaded all fresh ones. I then used the upgrade.php to make sure it took and immediately afterwards ran the repair_settings file. No joy, the post will get put into forum IF only text but not when the attachment is in there ... it was a banner 1125x475 and 357kb.

The attachment settings are set set  like in the image since we are an art site and many images are put into the posts at times. I have spent about 4+ hours at this so just decided that since it does it with or without the mods installed that I would just put all back in, members will be more comfy this way.

link: http://www.pfdlives.com/attic/index.php  (must be registered to see inside) I can provide an account for testing.

Mods installed:
1.     Stop Spammer     2.3.9
2.     BK Modding Disable Decrease Post Count Option     3.0     
3.     SMF Staff Page     1.7     
4.     Join Reason     1.5     
5.     Separate the sticky topics     1.0.1     
6.     Simple Audio Video Embedder     5.0.4     
7.     TinyPortal     1.2     
8.     httpBL     2.5.1     
9.     Change All Subjects     1.3     
10.     Sorted Package Manager Listing     1.2     
11.     Enhanced Dropdown     1.3
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Offline Illori

• Project Manager
  • SMF Legend
Re: Problem with post attachments 2.0.17
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 05:11:17 AM »

Offline DarkAngel612

• Sophist Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 08:24:51 PM »
I did and it didn't make any difference. I even increased the memory/post and upload limits in php and still no joy.

I have no clue what is the problem or why we can't post image attachments
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Offline DarkAngel612

• Sophist Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 03:50:22 PM »
UPDATE:

Well sierver disappeared last night and finally got it back up again....it went nuts...LOL

Last night I was able to upload a post attachment image .jpg and .txt which were big ones and they went thru. Today I get that darn blank page again.

A member said he got this today --- has not gotten anything before too:
Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator

I have done this:

Code: [Select]
in Subs-Graphics.php

FIND: (line 281)

// Check for potential infection
            if (preg_match('~(iframe|(?<!cellTextIs)html|eval|body|script\W|[CF]WS[\x01-\x0C])~i', $prev_chunk . $cur_chunk, ) === 1)

REPLACE:

// Check for potential infection
            if (preg_match('~(iframe|(?<!cellTextIs)html|eval|body|script\W|[CF]WS[\x01-\x0C])~i', $prev_chunk . $cur_chunk, $matches) === 1)

I have also done this separately:

Code: [Select]
If you want to bypass that completely, just edit Sources/Subs-Graphics.php

FIND: (line 258)

function checkImageContents($fileName, $extensiveCheck = false)
{

ADD AFTER:

return true;

I also tried them both together and still nobody can upload attachments at all.

Offline DarkAngel612

• Sophist Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 09:32:57 PM »
Another update.

I have installed a database that we had 1 month ago before using the 2.0.16 or .17 and can post attachments once more. We have lost nearly a months worth of stuff but did tell them that might happen.

I tried doing the 2.0.16 installation by just uploading the full install package and both once running the upgrade.php and another time without doing that....several reinstalls of full .15

The attachments worked once in .16 so I redid the .17 full installer and the same thing with / without upgrade.php and no more attaching images or anything no matter what size. So needless to say I have had to revert to .15

I can try doing the upgrade to .16 by manually peeking at its insides and manually editing .15 files so if things go bat crazy again I can just delete the edits and re-save again.

I have not installed the mods although I do not see that they make a difference in the workings since they were not install in any of the .16/.17 file uploads.

Hope this works.