Host migration, attachments not displaying

Started by Blade~, September 11, 2019, 11:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade~

Hi all ...

We moved to a different host, all is well, EXCEPT attachments such as images and avatars are only showing the broken image icon. I set the new paths in settings but still no attachments are showing and if I click on any of the links below them they show me a distorted image or nothing at all - example below ... :( . If I look at the attachments folder on the server I see a bunch of files with a number then a long hex code. Is this how they supposed to be or something is messed up here?
'Do nothing and there is nothing that's not done' - Lao Tzu

Running SMF 2.1.4
PHP version: 8.1.16

vbgamer45

When you moved the files from your old host to the new host. Make sure in ftp you set the transfer mode to binary and not ascii
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

How were the files transferred? Some FTP clients (namely Filezilla) tend to break them because they assume ASCII transfer for files without filetype in their name, and need to be forced to used Binary mode.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Blade~

Just checked the backed up files on my laptop and the images are good there. If I add a .jpg extension to any of the files it displays the image correctly. Should I just upload these again to the new attachments folder with binary set ... yes I am using Filezilla.

Running SMF 2.1.4

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Blade~ on September 11, 2019, 11:22:25 PM
Just checked the backed up files on my laptop and the images are good there. If I add a .jpg extension to any of the files it displays the image correctly. Should I just upload these again to the new attachments folder with binary set ... yes I am using Filezilla.
Yes, do try that - should solve the issue :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Blade~

Great! That did it! Thank you for the quick help ... :)

Running SMF 2.1.4

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: