News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help me fix this error please

Started by Schizophren1c, September 19, 2019, 09:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schizophren1c

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).tooltip is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (minified_816c7e66160a6051eb4b061dc2330d24.js?smf21rc2_1568176935:588)
    at j (jquery.min.js:2)
    at k (jquery.min.js:2)

i am using wide theme 2.1 rc 2 for forum

Arantor

Are you trying to use a 2.1 theme on 2.0?

Schizophren1c

Quote from: Arantor on September 19, 2019, 10:01:32 AM
Are you trying to use a 2.1 theme on 2.0?
no
i am using this theme https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2837

and im using 2.1rc 2 and theme also it is compatible

Arantor

Odd because that error is usually a 2.1 theme on 2.0 problem.

Ask the theme author maybe?

Suki

There are several zips, each for different SMF versions, make sure you are using the one suitable for 2.1 RC2
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Schizophren1c

Quote from: Suki on September 19, 2019, 10:39:00 AM
There are several zips, each for different SMF versions, make sure you are using the one suitable for 2.1 RC2
i think before installing 2.1  version i tried 2.015 maybe some files left hidden somewhere any thoughts on this?

Suki

Yeah, it might be, better be sure and completely remove the theme's folder before installing the correct version one.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

shawnb61

Note your browser usually caches .js files.  So, even when installing a new one, even after deleting the old file, you may need to clear the old one out of browser cache.  A shift-F5, to force a reload of the page, is usually sufficient. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Schizophren1c

I did a quick fix by removing lines from jquery script which was located in themes 

Removed if(o.enableBSToppltip){$('body').tooltip({selector:o.BSTooltipSelector})}

error gone thank u all

Advertisement: