News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Paid Subscription Issue-

Started by Scott Hamilton, September 21, 2019, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Hamilton

Need assistance with a Paid Subscriptions issue. Have not been able to find a good thread that helped me so I am posting here. Member can order the paid subscription and the monies transfer but the members acccount remains 'Pending Payment' in SMF. Have had this working since 2010 without issue. I had IPN turned on at Paypal some years back was using SMF Store in addition to a 3rd party script where I needed IPN but now, I just need the paid subscription only. During this I also discovered that my error logs were bloated because of the '8192: Function create_function() is deprecated' issue with PHP72-3. I backed down the PHP Version to 7.1 and all the errors went away so I could finally see if the subscriptions.php issue would pop an error- sadly no joy. My database has been with me since the YABB_SE days (close to 21 years) but I have been very careful in all that time to work each issue protecting the integrity of the DB but there is always a chance so I'm mentioning it here. Running SMF2.0.15 with mostly SMFHacks mods and I do have a Paypal Business account. I also verifyed that the primiary email address is configured in SMF along with the subscription.php URL. What am I missing?
Been with SMF since the YabbSE Days...
http://www.fordpinto.com

Sir Osis of Liver

If paid subs was working then broke, something must have changed, either in your forum setup or server configuration.  AFAIK there haven't been any problems reported with paid subs in php 7.1.  As you found out, 2.0.15 does not support 7.2/7.3.  It's possible PayPal changed something, but I haven't seen any recent notifications.  It's not necessary to have IPN enabled, or return url configured, paid subs handles this internally. 

If you can replace subscriptions.php and Subscriptions-PayPal.php with attached files (save the originals), will have a better idea what's happening.  The first file is modded to dump IPN into error log for all transactions, so we can see if your forum is receiving it.  Second file contains additional error handling, it logs errors the core code doesn't.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: