[Theme] Amber (SMF v1.1RC1 - v1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, November 16, 2005, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

What you need is a button-generator for it, but I haven't had time to set one up.

gerard

gerard

On the other hand, that can't be it. I have seen some sites with this theme that do have the buttons. the problem seems to be that i cannot install te v1.1RC2 version. The detailed versioncontrol says tha my version is 1.1 RC1. Which is not correct, because I downloaded the RC2 en put it in place of the old ambermap in themes in wtp.
:-\

bloc

So your default theme displays the correct text strings?

About the numbers in the theme, they are not always correct..as long as you pick the right zip file to upload to your site, you should be fine. Overwriting everything old of course.

fire2006

hi there! this theme is great! Totally works nice with my rocketthem joomla template!

I have a problem though, for some reason, the category titles aren't indenting left as far as they should

can someone please help

I need to know what css to fix

check out: http://www.salsafire.net [nofollow] --->forums.
i am viewing on firefox
cheers

fire2006

I am having alignment issues... if you look at the image above, "Members" is too far to the left,
I checked the cs, and it says catbg... I added left padding to this, but it didnt move it at all...

also..I suspect the little members icon should also be moved to the right... any ideas how I can change this? and nudge it over a bit?

bloc

This is one of the "quircks" when using SMF inside Joomla - the padding is lost on tables. I think its something defined in the Joomla stylesheet, but not sure what. So defining a padding on catbg suddenly doesn't work - but it does in stand-alone SMF.

The solution..? Well, in the Rocketthemes I converted I used borders-in same color as background and even inline styling to make it work - not ideal at all.

fire2006

well, after I posted the last message, I managed to figure out a fix... not the best, but atleast it works... what I did was find in the boardindex.template.php  is find where the catbg tables were, and just added two   and that seamed to do the trick!
I know its not ideal... but it worked, and ran out of solutions...

have a good day, thanks for your reply!

Nohani

bbmtalk

Great theme. One question -

How can I make the news box bigger? Thanks in advance

Qayyom Ashraf

I installed some mods for my forum.

the problem is many buttons on main tabs bar on top dos't  show but with same configuration all tabs shows in default theme. how can i set all tabs buttons in Amber theme.

(sorry i am weak in english)

in amber theme:

in default theme:
Qayyom Ashraf  |  Karachi-PK |::.www.JangForum.Com.::|

IchBin™

If you need mods to appear in themes other than the default you'll have to manually install them to Amber.
How to add mods to a theme other than the default theme.
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg2530#msg2530
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Omnicron

fantastic theme
working great for me so far and im new to simple machines

lemur21

Hello,

For some reason, one of the bottom boxes on my forum's front page has a wacky sized font; different than everything else on the page.

If you look at the bottom of the page:

http://www.libogroup.com/SMF/index.php

You'll see areas for Calendar, Members, Forum Stats and Users Online. The Forum Stats area is a completely different font size than anything else on the page.

I'm fairly certain this is a boardindex.template.php problem, but my cursory look at that file didn't reveal anything to me that would stand out.

I cannot attach files to this thread, apparently, but I did attach the file to my question over in the general support forum (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=190680.new;topicseen#new)

I'd be grateful if anyone could provide some direction about how I could fix this small problem.

Thanks!

Chris

IchBin™

line 343 of boardindex.template.php find this line:
<span class="middletext">

Change to:
<span class="smalltext">

lemur21

lemur21

Hello,

I recently installed Daniel15's mod for integrating flashchat into your site. Everything went well, except, even after making the necessary changes, I cannot get the word "Chat" (or anything like that) to show up in the top menu bar.

My top menu bar did 'make a space' for the word "Chat" to appear (and, if you click on the empty space, it DOES launch chat). I just need to get the word "Chat" to appear in the menu bar.

Here's a link to my site: http://www.libogroup.com/SMF/index.php

I am using the amber theme. Apparently, this question is better served by inquiring with the theme's creator.

If anyone needs me to upload a file, I can do that, as well.

Thanks!

Chris

IchBin™

Post the code that you put for the chat button please.

lemur21

Hi IchBin,

I followed the instructions provided by Daniel15, in his thread, here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=139769.0

Specifically, after installing the program itself, I used Daniel's mod, then did these steps:

OK, in Themes/amber11final/index.template.php, find:

if (in_array($_GET['action'],array('search','admin','calendar','profile','mlist','register','login','pm','help')))

Replace with:

if (in_array($_GET['action'],array('search','admin','calendar','profile','mlist','register','login','pm','help','chat')))

Also, find:

// The [calendar]!
if ($context['allow_calendar'])
echo $tab1, $ca== 'calendar' ? '1' : '2' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar">'.$txt['calendar24']. '</a></td>';

Add after:

// FlashChat!
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
echo $tab1, $ca== 'chat' ? '1' : '2' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chat">'.$txt['fc_chat']. '</a></td>';

I cannot seem to attach the two files in question: boardindextemplate and indextemplate -- but, I have them downloaded onto my computer, in case there is a way to do that, that I'm unaware of.

As I mentioned, everything works well - I can launch the chat, if I click on the empty space between "calendar" and "logout" -- I just need the word "chat" to appear there.

Thanks!

Chris

Advertisement: