News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Theme] Amber (SMF v1.1RC1 - v1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, November 16, 2005, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreverpurple

Quote from: Bloc on November 28, 2005, 05:33:16 AM
Quote from: Foreverpurple on November 28, 2005, 02:23:36 AM
I installed this theme and switched to use it and now it won't let me switch to anything else.

:) as much as I think its good, that has to be something with SMF version possibly. Do you use it on a SMF 1.1RC1?
Ah I didn't realize there was a version for the themes! You are probably right then... I have the 1.0.5 version.  I found a way to switch so I'm gonna leave it up.  I'm anxiously awaiting the stable release of 1.1

I've never had it happen with any other theme.  I probably have 10 themes installed and recently I've been adding buttons to all of them so I test everyone one of them and I'm always able to switch.  When I went to this theme, clicking on 'use this theme' for a different theme did nothing.  Finally I tried preview and then use this theme and that allowed me to change.   I continued to work on some of the themes last night adding a paypal button to them.  Again they all switched properly.

Gobo

Hey Bloc I wanted to thank you again for the wonderful Amber theme.

I made you a lil something, its not much but I hope you like it:

http://www.geocities.com/aku4aku/photocopy.swf

To use it you will have to download 2 very small files

http://www.geocities.com/aku4aku/photocopy.swf

and

http://www.geocities.com/aku4aku/photocopy.txt

u can change the text inside the text file to change the display and message in the swf file.
Take care and thanks again

bloc

Cool! :) Like the grunge feel of that animation. And thanks.

Champi

nice theme indeed.. great job..  :)

wageslave

I really like it, however I can not get my member stats to appear.  Any advice?

JayBachatero

What version of SMF are you using?  1.0.5?
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

wageslave

Quote from: JayBachatero on December 04, 2005, 05:49:25 PM

Yes.  Is that why it is not working?

JayBachatero

Quote from: wageslave on December 04, 2005, 05:51:34 PM
Quote from: JayBachatero on December 04, 2005, 05:49:25 PM

Yes.  Is that why it is not working?
Yes.
[Theme] Amber (SMF v1.1RC1)
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

PitViper

Any request to possibly include languages other than default english in this bad boy? :D

bloc

Yes, I will shortly add the language packs I have made ready...what language do you seek btw? :)

PitViper

Quote from: Bloc on December 06, 2005, 04:22:30 AM
Yes, I will shortly add the language packs I have made ready...what language do you seek btw? :)

Thanks Bloc, you're awesome ;)

I'm actually looking for quite a few languages  :P I've been blessed with the capability of learning new languages quite easily (so I've taken advantage of that in the past :)).

Those languages requested be:

German, Spanish Mexico, French, Romanian, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Greek, Italian, Portuguese AND Russian.  :D

Much obliged for the theme, top notch TOP NOTCH.  8)

bloc

I got some - but not romanian,greek,polish and russian. i will see if I can muster up the translations for them - becuase thats what I need basically, I have made a custom written script that render all buttons in a set in one swoop. :)

Spanish Mexico..is that very different from regular spanish?

PitViper

Quote from: Bloc on December 06, 2005, 09:14:27 AM
I got some - but not romanian,greek,polish and russian. i will see if I can muster up the translations for them - becuase thats what I need basically, I have made a custom written script that render all buttons in a set in one swoop. :)

Spanish Mexico..is that very different from regular spanish?

Spanish (Mexico); Spanish (Spain). Almost the same thing but have some differences. Regular Spanish is good ;).

But much thanks for doing this :D

PitViper

Forgot to ask here. This theme's coding is something that is relatively new to me. How do I put the shoutbox on the bottom where the stats are located? I tried to do it myself and got parse errors, so I think I was throwing the code around where it shouldn't of been.  :P

bloc

Try adding it to BoardIndex.template..copying one of the code blocks there, like // online users etc. Basically its just a echo '<tr><td>..</td></tr>'; with php+html code inbetween.

PitViper

K, I tried doing that and was semi sucessful except for the time when it completely skewed my page lol  ;D

What I am attempting to do is to throw it into the side bar, kind of like in the same type of frame as the search and and news, but just below the stats one. (I hope that made sense).

Or as easily enough said, I want the shoutbox to have the same type of appearance as the other items in the menu bar (i.e. Search, the News box), just not a gray strip running all the way down my page. I need it to be compressed into some type of frame, kind of like a...well here:

Just replace the News header with Shoutbox, and the content itself within that little tiny box will be the shoutbox along with the Send button somewhere.  :-\ :-\ :-\

Just don't want to screw it up again and have to reinstall everything...like i've done numerous times.

Matze

Hi Bloc  :)

Many thanks for this theme - it's absolutely great!  :D

Since I am totally new to all this SMF-stuff I have got two questions, which might seem rather silly (but who cares...)

1. I know that there are no buttons in the theme, just links. Where are they stored and what do I have to do to translate them in german?
2. I don't know if it's related to the theme, but all posts in my forums are sorted newest down to oldest. (I hope you know what I mean). Even though this has it's advantages, I'd like the posts sorted the other way round (like in this forum: first comes the initial post, the the follow-ups)... Unfortunately I can't find the setting anywhere in SMF. Can you please tell me where I have to look or what I have to do?

Many thanks,
Matze

bloc

Thank you. :)

1. The links will use whatever is used for the language you have..so just install your language and the links will auto-filled with correct strings. But..there are buttons still, and they need to be made(I haven't had the time yet). you can see them in threads etc.

2. Go to your profile and choose "look and layout preferences" and try "Show most recent posts at the top".

Matze

Thanks Bloc   :)

#2 Did the trick! :)

#1 Sounds as if you're planning to add german buttons :) Will use the default ones while waiting...

Many thanks for your quick reply!

eriktm

How to set the title on the newsbox and the stats-box?? I want to edit the title to my language!!

BUT HOW??

Advertisement: