[Theme] Amber (SMF v1.1RC1 - v1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, November 16, 2005, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

I am afraid it isn't possible..you see, the gallery button goes to a outside link, and SMF will never know about it. So if you press gallery, the button will not be "marked".

And.. the gallery link is wrong. What you will get now is in fact:

index.php\gallery\index.php

..which do not work. You need to make the link something like:
<a href="mysite\gallery\index.php" > where mysite is the adress to where coppermine is.

ramapoughnative

Thank you for that answer. How do I get the button to appear? I've tried what was recommended but can't make a button for gallery. Thanks agan.

- danny

quite a bit of change indeed!

Thank you bloc!

ramapoughnative1

Bloc- I noticed when I made changes to the index.template.php (as in removing a button), it didn't make any difference. It looks like control is not by this file. What file does?

Thanks!

Steven
"Blast that Felix and his magic bag!" - Master Cylinder

bloc

It is..but it depends on what you removed.

ramapoughnative1

Ok.. So if I wanted to add another button at the top where "home/help/search/calendar/login/register" buttons are, how do I do it? In what file it this done? I would like to add another button here for the photo gallery.

Thanks

Steven

ramapoughnative1

ramapoughnative1

Bumpity bump bump... r u out there? Am I asking asking too much here?

ramapoughnative1

Thanks .. I found the problem. I had a test domain setup with the live site and when I moved it over, some of the links were still pointing to the test site. I appreciate your help.

Steven

P.S. great theme!  :)

lovesall

How do I add a link to the arcade in the top bar?  I've found the functions in the index.template  but don't know how to code it.

soulmanpete

Bloc  TY for this theme
Added the Now Playing mod to this theme ..however works in preview but not when you post  a message
Is anyone  aware of anyway of fixing this (works in SMF defult theme)
Thanks

Arminas

ramapoughnative1

Hi Bloc
     On the left side of  Amber, there is a spot for news. Can I change the info from news to another topic, and if so how? Sorry for being non-specific.

Steven.

bloc

To another info? well, yes..but it means changing the template, and of course depends on what you want .

I love this theme. It does more than give a new look: it re-presents SMF. The artwork is awesome.
Thanks.

MayorNewton

sunseeker

bloc - great theme! love it a lot. nice work!

a variation on colors would be awesome too of course since we all love it so much.

A - what part of the CSS file do i change to increase the font for the text inside of the threads typed by the poster and submitted.

B -how can i change the code to add the index name also in front of the most recent post listing instead of it just showing the category like shown in the example below?

[SMF Support Themes : Graphic Buttons]

C - and then left align that column just in case it looks better like that?

D - can i modify the icon that shows for categories with new topics. i think its called on.gif. id like to make it have a readish or some brighter color to make it stand out a lot more. when i go to try to do it in paint it draws funny colors instead of the color i choose. its strange lol. is the file special in some way that i dont know about?

E - also, my 'quick edit' seems to work all the way up until i want to SAVE or SPELL CHECK. cancel works but the other two button dont. ive seen it work on other themes so not sure what happened. this sites quick edit feature is working for me by the way.

F - i would like to be able to allow the users of various ages change the text size for the entire site. older people need larger text. some themes can do this using the mouse scroll button and <ctrl> key. how do we change your theme so that all the text does that? right now only the main title in the header does that?

G - lastly, i would like to add a Privacy page to the theme. i know how to add buttons at the top. my privacy page just needs text wrapped by the theme adn its fucntionality. nothing special. is there a blank page i could use and insert my text and link it with a button at the top of the theme?

thanks for any help!

bloc

A - try .post in style.css
B/C - BoardIndex.template? I am not really sure what you are refferring to.
D - Its a regular GIF file..should be easy enough to change, but I would not use MS Paint for it - if thats what you use. Try another graphic editor.
E - It should work fine on a SMF 1.1RC2 forum. Do you use the correct version of the theme?
F - You should be able to do a ctrl + on Firefox for increased size, and using the menu option in IE the same way. Or did you mean the theme should have a button for it? That will require quite some changes, since the the size will then just go back on any page change. I am looking at adding that to a new theme I ma working on, but Amber will not have this in the immediate future.
G - No, the theme does not offer any "blank" pages for you. You will need to change things in the source files to allow that. One way could be to use the "Static Page Mod" that will allow this sort of thing.

sunseeker

hi block.

B/C - what im talking about is when you enable to recent posts. they show up at the bottom of the screen. look on your own site. id rather have the parent topci show up as well such as is shown below:

[SMF Support Themes : Graphic Buttons] Re: Color Change by admin Jan 02, 2006, 04:54 AM

instead of just:

[Graphic Buttons]

E - yes im using your amber 1.1-rc2 code and the 'modify' button works, but not the quick edit. it does show me the edit box in place but wont do anything when i hit the 'save' or 'spell check' butons. just the 'cancel' button works. however, it works on this site without a problem. im using smf 1.1-rc2 as well.

F - this text increase/decrease feature only works for certain fonts or cerain situations whwere the style is specified one way or the other, maybe pt's instead of pixels. no idea. but it makes themes much better since more users can see the font size they want by just using <ctlr>-mouse scroll. know anything about this? your titel header on the upper right hand side does what i want.

in fact, this site here does it too. try it. the text will go bigger and smaller.

Advertisement: