[Theme] Amber (SMF v1.1RC1 - v1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, November 16, 2005, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlou

I uploaded the whole thing, and the images are there..
I dont get it.

Weird; this image does work:

bloc

Do you have any spaces in the path names?

bloc

Do you have a link? In a PM if you rather not want to share it.

Marlou

In which .php file is the info for those images?
Perhaps there is something I can change?
If not; I'll give you the link.

bloc

They are simply taken from the database, so it should be ok from the beginning. But by looking at the paths I might be able to figure out whats wrong.

marcot

Dear Bloc,

How can I solve this problem? I use IE.

marcot

and how can I add the following function in this Theme?

Most Online Today: xxx. Most Online Ever: xxxx (February xx, xxxx, 12:xx:33 PM)
&
Comeup Calendar

Thanks ;)

bloc

marcot

marcot

Dear All and Bloc,

I have sccess set the upcoming calendar to the side bar. but the events can only appear in the Front page, all other pages are cannot show the events. can you teach how to edit it?

jh79

Hi, first of all this is the only theme I have liked completly. My hat's off to you!

I have SMF 1.07, I know I need to switch to 1.1 RC2 to run the Amber correctly.

My worry is I will lose all the forum members posts and all the forum members (hundreds) and they would have to resign up.

Can I switch to 1.1 RC2 without this happening?
my site is:
hxxp:jlshotclub.com/forum/index.php [nonactive]

thanks! I really want to use your Theme.

bloc

Quote from: marcot on April 04, 2006, 09:24:21 AM
Dear All and Bloc,

I have sccess set the upcoming calendar to the side bar. but the events can only appear in the Front page, all other pages are cannot show the events. can you teach how to edit it?

Thats because this info is only fetched when in frontpage of the boards, not other places.

bloc

Quote from: jh79 on April 05, 2006, 06:10:51 PM
Hi, first of all this is the only theme I have liked completly. My hat's off to you!

I have SMF 1.07, I know I need to switch to 1.1 RC2 to run the Amber correctly.

My worry is I will lose all the forum members posts and all the forum members (hundreds) and they would have to resign up.

Can I switch to 1.1 RC2 without this happening?
my site is:
http://jlshotclub.com/forum/index.php

thanks! I really want to use your Theme.

Just upgrade your forum, nothing will be lost. :) But as always on any type of major update: do a backup just in case.

geezmo

Just moved to SMF yesterday and installed this style and I like it! I have some questions though (pardon me I am an SMF newbie). I'll appreciate it if you won't answer all the questions at once by answering them one by one is still ok! Thanks again! :)

EDIT: Did some reading and experimenting and was able to solve some of my own problems :) Please help me with the rest.

-----
(SOLVED!) 1. How do I remove the "Forum Name" and "Date and Time" in the logo? I just want the logo to be the image file without the text. (Please tell me which file to edit and where in the file to edit)
-----
2. How can I make the image in the logo clickable so that users can be redirected to the main forum page? Please tell me the file to edit and the command to make the logo clickable to redirect to the forum.
-----
3. If I want to add a link to "New Posts in the forum" at the top menu, what <a href> link do I place there?
-----
(SOLVED!) 4. How do I remove/edit a button at the top (I want to delete the "Help" button)?
-----
5. I have the same problem with the News box not aligned when using IE, how can this be solved?
-----
6. In the main forum page, how to remove the column "xxx Posts in xxx Topiics" so that the "Last Post" column will have a bigger width? And where do I change the background color of the "Last Post" column so it will be the same as the background color of the deleted "xxx Posts in xxx Topics" column?
-----
7. Still in the main forum page in the "Last Post" column, where do I edit to make only three lines and to change the right-left justification, specifically: (1) make first line the thread title and second line the username of the last poster; (2) make the first and second line left-justified; (3) have the date and time on the third line (without the text "Last Post on"); and (4) have the third line right-justified
-----
8. In the parent category that lists all the threads, how do I edit the template of the "Last Post" column to make the username of last poster Bold?

geezmo

anyone to help in my questions above?

geezmo

How can I add Google Adsense in the space between the logo and the forum board?

geezmo

I want to have a dropdown menu of font size and font type, like in this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=17867.15 and I need to edit Post.template.php but can't find it anywhere in the amber folder. How to do this?

bloc

Google ads inbetween logo and forum board:

search for template_main_above in index.template.php and go to the end of it. It should be a single <td> there after which you can put any html code for the ads.

Post.template is not changed for Amber, so you will need to change Post.template of default theme instead.

geezmo

Hi Bloc, thanks for the replies. I still have additional questions from my previous post though:

2. How can I make the image in the logo clickable so that users can be redirected to the main forum page? Please tell me the file to edit and the command to make the logo clickable to redirect to the forum.
-----
5. I have the same problem with the News box not aligned when using IE, how can this be solved?
-----
6. In the main forum page, how to remove the column "xxx Posts in xxx Topiics" so that the "Last Post" column will have a bigger width? And where do I change the background color of the "Last Post" column so it will be the same as the background color of the deleted "xxx Posts in xxx Topics" column?
-----
7. Still in the main forum page in the "Last Post" column, where do I edit to make only three lines and to change the right-left justification, specifically: (1) make first line the thread title and second line the username of the last poster; (2) make the first and second line left-justified; (3) have the date and time on the third line (without the text "Last Post on"); and (4) have the third line right-justified
-----
8. In the parent category that lists all the threads, how do I edit the template of the "Last Post" column to make the username of last poster Bold?

Advertisement: