[Theme] Amber (SMF v1.1RC1 - v1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, November 16, 2005, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezmo

as for google adsense between logo and forum board, i'm getting errors while doing it. how do you do it exactly?

here's the last part of template_main_above in index.template.php

Quoteecho '</div>

</td>

<td valign="top" width="100%" id="bodyarea">';

}

function template_main_below()

1 - i added my adsense codes under </td> and my adsense went to the very top of the board, even on top of the logo and it was left-justified although i wrapped my codes in <center></center>

2 - i placed the codes after <td valign="top" width="100%" id="bodyarea">'; and I got a "Parse Template" error

3 - i placed the codes right after the " } " and i got another "Parse Template" error

where then and how do i place my adsense codes and how do i center-justify them?

geezmo

geezmo

In Amber's CSS, which part exactly refers to the links to the Child Boards, those links under the main category? I want to edit the font and color of the links of the Child Boards.

Silverhand

First... Let me say that I LOVE this theme. With that being said... Does anyone know how to fix the following oddball glitch? I've searched as best I could the board coding, support forums, this thread, etc and can't seem to find anything that's relevant.

This is what it looks like normally (please note the yellow highlighted section).

After I apply the Amber Theme... I get the x's showing image breaking.

I went so far as to even try copying the images folder on top of the images folder in the Amber Theme thinking maybe it was a missing image but it "appears" like some code glitch due to the link is actually missing a url link to the pictures in question.

Any ideas?

Thanks, in advance.

ametzler

I've tried changing this in a few different files but I can't seem to find the file and location I need to change.  I would like to change the link at the top that says home to forum.  Just wondering what file and where in the file to make this change.  Thanks for the help!!

Adam

bloc

"home" is defined in the language files. You need to search for "home" in index.english.php located in Themes/default/languages..not in the Epsilon theme folder.

vbeckham

Quote from: Silverhand on April 18, 2006, 04:35:22 PM
First... Let me say that I LOVE this theme. With that being said... Does anyone know how to fix the following oddball glitch? I've searched as best I could the board coding, support forums, this thread, etc and can't seem to find anything that's relevant.

This is what it looks like normally (please note the yellow highlighted section).

After I apply the Amber Theme... I get the x's showing image breaking.

I went so far as to even try copying the images folder on top of the images folder in the Amber Theme thinking maybe it was a missing image but it "appears" like some code glitch due to the link is actually missing a url link to the pictures in question.

Any ideas?

Thanks, in advance.

I have the exact same problem!!!

Deaks

Quote from: vbeckham on May 09, 2006, 11:59:26 AM

Try uploading the post icons using your ftp client overwriting the old ones.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

vbeckham

Quote from: sloopz on May 09, 2006, 12:57:12 PM
Quote from: vbeckham on May 09, 2006, 11:59:26 AM

Try uploading the post icons using your ftp client overwriting the old ones.

done.
didn't work.

bloc

As mentioned in PM, you are using it on v1.0.7. Amber are only meant to run on SMF1.1.

carlostefano

Hallo,
where can I find italian version for Amber theme?
Thanks,
carlostefano

klumy

carlostefano

bloc

There aren't italian buttons for it currently.

FJD

Amazing theme really _O_ Finally got the buttons highlighted. It is in fact very easy if you don't forget that $ca== '<insert>' & '?action=<insert> must have the same <insert> and not a different one.

Took me a couple of days to figure it out, damn :P

One other question. When looking in the profile of a member the small menu's on the left are not that pretty. You can see an example of it at this url: hxxp:www.scmforum.nl/index.php?action=mm [nonactive] As you can see the left side of the box that says "warning" is nice and round but the right side just stops. Is there a way of changing that ? Then I can make the profile section a lot prettier :)

opetero

Very nice theme Bloc... Thank You ;D

I have one small glitch which I couldn't find any advice for. I am using SMF 1.1 RC2

The sidebar rolls up ok in IE

The side bar rolls up ok in Firefox (1.5.0.6) in your demo on the themes site but not on a site I am setting up.

I can change the sidebar state in IE and return to Firefox and do a refresh and the state changes to that set in IE but I still can't change it in Firefox. It can't be any extensions or it wouldn't work on the demo.

Any ideas?

bloc

Are you logged in both Firefox and IE?

gerard

Hi Bloc
Like a lot of user before me already told you, the theme is awsome. But it gives me a little trouble too. I have the dutch version, but I miss some buttons.

Is it possible to get some buttons there or does the theme not provide that?

gerard

I meant; I know there are no buttons, but I do not have tekst as well.
:(

opetero

Quote from: Bloc on August 18, 2006, 05:25:18 AM
Are you logged in both Firefox and IE?

Thanks for responding :) I seem to have resolved the issue. I logged into my site in Firefox as well as on your demo page in another tab and toggled the sidebar back and forth doing frequent page refreshes on both sites and finally something broke loose. The problem went away after about 3 days of heavy use and hasn't reoccurred.

Would it be feasible to change the logo_left.jpg and logo_right.jpg into gifs with transparency except for the white border? And also something similar to the top of the logo where the transparency gradient is, allowing a photo to stretch all the way to the top white boundary? I haven't had time to look at your code but if you think it can be done I will proceed.

See why I ask at the link below. I would like to fill the logo frame with a photo.

http://www.halfway.oceanfalls.org/ [nofollow]/index.php

Advertisement: