BBCode To Cover Text

Started by njtweb, September 23, 2019, 11:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

There's a bbcode but I don't know what it's called to find it. It covers the text of the subject matter until registered.

If anybody knows what it's called please post the link. I need this for 2.0.15

Thank you

Arantor

I think you're asking for the Hide mod.

But in practice this is usually a bad idea, just means you get a lot of accounts that do nothing (or, just go elsewhere instead)

njtweb

Quote from: Arantor on September 23, 2019, 11:53:27 AM
I think you're asking for the Hide mod.

But in practice this is usually a bad idea, just means you get a lot of accounts that do nothing (or, just go elsewhere instead)

Hi Arantor, thank you for the reply.

In this case a guest has posted what is currently "hear-say" about a hockey club. I asked for credible resources to substantiate the claim. He said it's very recent and hasn't hit the web yet but he's pretty sure it's accurate. He mentioned a name and the accusation. I want to cover only them up with a black box until the claim can be substantiated. I won't be using this often at all.

Arantor

In which case it seems to me that enabling post moderation and the Unapprove Post mod would possibly be a better way to go.

Or you could move it to a private board until verified and then move it back when it is verified.

njtweb

Quote from: Arantor on September 23, 2019, 12:04:30 PM
In which case it seems to me that enabling post moderation and the Unapprove Post mod would possibly be a better way to go.

Or you could move it to a private board until verified and then move it back when it is verified.

I went ahead and edited the name referenced and responded advising the OP will be re-edited back to original content if the claim can be substantiated.

Thank you for responding!

Advertisement: