SMF 2.0.15 Max. processes 55/55 and server crash in 1-2 days on shared hosting

Started by L2Scarlet, September 25, 2019, 06:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewactual

Quote from: shawnb61 on September 26, 2019, 10:09:50 PM
I think the wp login thing is a standard check by bots (& maybe hackers?).  I see it in my logs routinely.  But guess what?  It's not there.  Zero impact on site.  So I suspect it's a red herring.  (Unless there are 100,000s of them????)

on a dedicated server here, and every error i've logged in the last year+ (that wasn't me goofing a script) has been some IP trying to run a script that doesn't exist... i've thought many times of honeypotting them, but... so long as they don't hurt anything i'd just assume not make em' mad..

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: L2Scarlet on September 26, 2019, 12:51:38 PM
* About Shared server .. there is nothing bad in having and using SMF or any forum engine on Shared Server even if is somehow limited.
You are right in that there is nothing inherently bad about being on a shared server environment, but there are certain (well known) shared hosts that are simply bad,
and there are perfectly normal usage cases where your forum can easily outgrow the limitations of a typical shared host. These are the cases I was referring to earlier.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

L2Scarlet

Yes. Got the answer today from the "expert guy" from cPanel and the guy from the hosting company "support" and guess what :) ? It was something wrong with LVE Limits from Cloudlinux... hmm ok, whatever. I deleted my forum for nothing.. :(

About that sentence with SMF is dying.. hmm.. not yet. :) (You'll have to edit my first post cause I don't have privs. to edit anymore) ;) and again sorry for the inconveniences.

So I'm still using SMF forum 2.0.15.
BTW it is there any chance to upgrade from SMF 2.015 to 2.1 RC2 without a clean install?

Thanks for all your info..

Illori

it is possible to upgrade, but we don't recommend it at this time for a production forum.

Arantor

You can upgrade from a stable to a still-in-development version but you will lose your existing theme and mods. But members, posts, boards etc get kept.

Advertisement: